PDA

View Full Version : Price check for full landscape maintenance

LawnRunner
11-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey Everyone:

I am working on an '08 proposal for a residential customer. Would like to get some opinions as to what you would charge for full service of his landscape for the year. Did this one last year and was probably too low.

Landscape:
Lawn - 18,000 sq. ft.
Beds:
Shredded mulch - 9 cu. yds.
Pine straw - 25 bales
Bushes:
Small - 70 (less than waist high)
Medium - 45 (waist to head high)
Large - 8 (over head high - includes two 15' holly)

Included in proposal:
Mow & trim - (approximately 35 cuts)
Blow off drive, sidewalk, porch & deck
Refresh shredded mulch in spring (9 cu. yds.)
Refresh pine straw in spring (25 bales)
Trim bushes as needed throughout season (two to three times)
Mulch bed weed control (apply pre-m spring & fall, spray glyphosate & hand pull weeds)
Fertilize lawn (three times)
Apply Fungicide to lawn (granular - three apps.)
Lawn weed control (two pre-m apps. & spray broadleafs and crabgrass as necessary)
Folar feed bushes (liquid fert. three times during season)
Spray bushes (insecticide & fungicide)
Overseed in fall (aerate & slit seed using turf type tall fescue @ 8 lbs./1000)
Note: One of the three fertilizer apps. is starter fert. applied at time of seeding.

Thanks ahead of time for all responses.

capetan
11-17-2007, 01:19 PM
if you did the property last year...... and you think you undercharged,how much more do you think you need to charge, i think anything over 10% more might be a shock unless you gave a really good deal the prior year

Runner
11-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Why in the world would 3 fungicide aps be going down onto a lawn? :dizzy::nono:

LawnRunner
11-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Capetan,

I think you are correct on the 10% increase. Last year he asked for a 10% discount. Since I do another property for him I gave the 10% and gave away a lot of my profit. This year I think I will stay with the price I give in the proposal.

LawnRunner
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Runner,

Thanks for the reply. The reason I was going to put three granular apps of a lawn fungicide in my proposal is because conditions in our area can be favorable for brown patch over a period of two months.

The products I use from Lesco (Armada for spray or Bayleton for granular) only last for a period of 14 to 28 days according to the label.

ponyboy
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
my suggestion shrubs 45-50 per man hr you know how long it takes you chemicals at least 900 for the season red mulch 75 a yard and 40 a cut with beds being maintained guessing $4000 depends alot on shrubs and beds so min of for the year best guess w/o the pics. we do 10 payments March-Dec $400 a month =or-
maybe you can pm me your price to see how off i was?

LawnRunner
11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
ponyboy,

You are right on. My proposal for '08 is $3900. Thanks for the reply.

ponyboy
11-17-2007, 05:37 PM
what is pine straw i dont know so i did not count that and how much is it

LawnRunner
11-17-2007, 05:46 PM
ponyboy,

Pine straw (pine needles) is used in our area as much as shredded mulch for decorative purposes and to deter weed growth. One bale of pine straw generally costs from $4.25/ bale to $5.00/bale. One bale covers approximately 50 sq. ft. to 100 sq. ft. depending on how thick it is put down.