PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removal & Cut

Dahoopd
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
If your out to do the last cut for the season or someone requests an odd cut and the lawn is covered in leaves. How do you bid it. Do you cut the lawn and mow up as many leaves as possible and charge more or do you bill a clean up and than cut the lawn.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

JJS
11-17-2007, 09:55 PM
clean up, then the cut....
bill them both accordingly

Runner
11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
If they request a cleanup, they are cleaned up. If it is just a cut, I give them a price for just a cut - BUT the price is of course going to be a bit higher, because we are dealing with the mowing of leaves, as well (which is usually no biggy). Now, for regular customers, they are always billed for a mowing separately, even though we are using the mowers to move and gather leaves many times. I HOPE this is what you were asking....

DoetschOutdoor
11-19-2007, 07:38 PM
My regular customers get the yard double cut in most instances to mulch the leaves better at no extra charge. Takes about 5 minutes more per yard for me to go over it again. I picked up a few new lawns lately wanting mulching and I'm charging 1.5 times my mowing rate and there is no weedeating or edging and minimal blowout for that price.

humble1
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
next year i am charging to blow the leaves off the drive and walks etc onto the lawn then bag the whole thing. The extra time over their avg time will be charged additional hourly labor rate. This year if you dont pay for a cleanup i mow it once and how ever it comes out it comes out. If you want it to look nice then you are going to pay for a cleanup- or the additional time to chop it up fine.