PDA

View Full Version : LED Clearance/Marker Lamps?

RedWingsDet
11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have these on their dump body?

I have 8 marker lamps, and 4 are out, I was thinking about replacing them with the LED version. they are the round 2.5" lamps.

Do they seem to work better or a waste of money?

Gruneich Lawn Care, Inc.
11-18-2007, 09:19 PM
LED lights are way brighter than regular incandcent lights. thats all I have on all my trailers, thinking about getting them for my new superduty. I would say they are well worth the money.

93Chevy
11-18-2007, 09:26 PM
They're more expensive and they last longer. I also think they look better,especially on dump bodies. I don't have any LED's, but my truck is covered in regular marker lights.

RockSet N' Grade
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I have 3 trailers, dump truck, and equipment. I replaced each and every light on each piece of iron with led lights. For me it was/is worth it. They have lasted a whole lot longer and an added benefit is that they are brighter. I carry a couple spares but haven't had to use them........that has been two years now. Well worth it. Better than getting pulled over for a light being out.

02DURAMAX
11-23-2007, 04:47 AM
Buy them I have all LED's on my trucks and trailers....i have not replaced a bulb in two years!!!

BrandonV
11-24-2007, 11:13 AM
awdirect.com best place for them

bobcat_ron
11-24-2007, 11:31 AM
And the LED's are easier on the electrical system, less battery maintenance and alternator repairs.

topsites
11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I use LED's on my landscaping trailer, can't really put them on the pickup truck due to possible legal issues (cops don't all care for aftermarket lighting) but the trailer is free for all, I would think a dump truck should be no major problems so long you don't use ground effects lol.

Love them, very little draw on the alternator.

jglawnmowing
11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Go with the LED's. I work as a firefighter at two fire departments in Central Ohio. Where I work as a full - time firefighter we have a 2003 F-350 XL 7.3L Diesel Grassfighter/EMS first responder vehicle with 17,000 miles on it, and has the older rotational light bar. Since we have had it we have gone through 4 batteries, a load manager(controls all the emergency lights), and just replaced the alternator because it had burned up. This is in part due to the amount of power that the light bar requires. Were I work part-time as a firefighter we have a 2003 International EMS ambulance. The truck has all LED lights The vehicle has around I think 110,000 miles with around 10,000 hours on it. To the best of my knowledge the alternator has not been replaced and neither have any of the LED lights.

02DURAMAX
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Go with the LED's. I work as a firefighter at two fire departments in Central Ohio. Where I work as a full - time firefighter we have a 2003 F-350 XL 7.3L Diesel Grassfighter/EMS first responder vehicle with 17,000 miles on it, and has the older rotational light bar. Since we have had it we have gone through 4 batteries, a load manager(controls all the emergency lights), and just replaced the alternator because it had burned up. This is in part due to the amount of power that the light bar requires. Were I work part-time as a firefighter we have a 2003 International EMS ambulance. The truck has all LED lights The vehicle has around I think 110,000 miles with around 10,000 hours on it. To the best of my knowledge the alternator has not been replaced and neither have any of the LED lights.

Yup, that just shows how much power regular bulbs use..

AintNoFun
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
i replaced pretty much everything i could on all my trucks, got rid of the regular bulbs and switched to leds. they def. are brighter and nicer but the main reason is that the DOT has hardons around here for lights that are burnt out...