Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Fun job we did last week.

Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
A few more.

RockSet N' Grade
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
You sure that was the right house and address? :)

DBL
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
You sure that was the right house and address? :)

oh that would be great

Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Not sure if it was. Maybe that would explain that cry for help in the debris.:confused::confused::confused:

cddva
11-19-2007, 12:58 PM
That was easy........or so it looks in the pictures, right?! What size mini was that and did you need to use a breaker at all for the slab?

Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 01:08 PM
The mini is a 10k yanmar. We didn't need a breaker on this job. Basically, we send in the mini to tear down the roof for 2 reasons. 1 safety, 2 no flat tires. We then load all roof debris into containers, remove, then use the bobcat for everything else which is concrete.

SiteSolutions
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
How long have you had the Solsbee grapple? Is it holding up well in demolition use?

I've got a demo job I'm trying to get started on. Fun stuff.

Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I bought the grapple in July I think for $1800.00 used. I never had another one buy there are a few things i don't like about it. Basically the hydraulic lines are over exposed and are suspectible to being hit at any time if you're not careful. There are cylinder guards that never stay stut and constantly slam up and down. I would like to sell it and buy an actual bobcat grapple next year. I like their design much better. But for the $ its not bad.

Gravel Rat
11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Doing demo with a open ROPs excavator how much black stuff did you cough up :laugh:

Looks like a fairly easy job. Were the walls concrete or is that stucco ?

DBL
11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
thats a sweet hook lift too

Fieldman12
11-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Good job guys on the demo job. Hey, I was wondering I know that all electric, water, and so on should be turned off and unhooked before you start these jobs but do you also remove all cabling, pipes and so on from the ground as if the house never existed? I was just wondering how far they get into the removal job.

Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
When we apply for permits we need to have electric, water, sewer etc. unhooked before commencement. This house was a cinder block house built in the 50's. They come down fairly easy. The never houses will be tougher to demo though. They now fill the cells solid with concrete at a minimum and hollow core construction that can withstand category 5 hurricanes is now all the rage. Some roofs are now concrete also. I feel bad for the guys who will demo the new houses one day. Hope you enjoyed the photos.

tthomass
11-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Details on the M2?

Sunscaper
11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
The freightliner is my friends. It's an 05 with the Mercedes motor and a 6 speed auto. Very nice truck. He had a few problems due to it being struck by lightning. I drove it once and liked it alot. Visibility is excellent and turns tighter than any other truck I've driven.

Fieldman12
11-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Okay, so when you once have them unhooked you then remove all the pipe and cabling going to the house is what Im talking about??

Gravel Rat
11-20-2007, 02:42 AM
That is a little different having a house built out of cinder block but I guess its fairly strong.

SiteSolutions
11-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Okay, so when you once have them unhooked you then remove all the pipe and cabling going to the house is what Im talking about??

In my experience, a lot of time whatever is in the ground stays in the ground, unless there's a specific reason to dig it up. Makes it fun for the next guy to find little surprises below grade when he comes in to dig the new trenches or footers, especially if he didn't call the line locators.:laugh:

Sunscaper
11-20-2007, 07:59 AM
The plumbing right underneath the concrete floor so it comes out the concrete. The other cables, wires are in the rafters and it also comes out. In Florida no one really buries utilities much. Only about 6" if you're lucky. When I'm done you may find a few cement chunks that passed through my grapple but thats it. There would be no way to tell that a house once rested there.

talus
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Whats up sunscaper? I've got a solesbee grapple myself. I've looked at most of the others and used a few of them. I found it to be one of the more rugged built ones on the market. I've been happy with it so far. Nice work I would love to be able to do that evryday.

Kepple Services
11-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Im not that big of a fan of that style grapple. The bobcat one is almost the exact same thing. I have a quick attach brand. Looks almost like a root rake that is also a grapple. Thick teeth and works great for demo.