PDA

View Full Version : start up aeration

onebreezer
11-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I am brand new here. I operate a top dressing business. I want to start a high volume core aeration business. Any links or info on how to set that up would be appreciated.

Marcos
11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
What type of soil are you working with typically around your area?
If you have heavy clay and / or rocky soil, those greens aerators will probably be torn up before lunchtime.
They're meant for sandy loams that are created on most golf courses.

onebreezer
11-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I've been aerating the clay soil here for over a decade. I want to expand. I want to get a large volume of jobs in a tight geografic area. I plan on going door to door. Does anyone have a better way?

Marcos
11-20-2007, 01:32 AM
I've been aerating the clay soil here for over a decade. I want to expand. I want to get a large volume of jobs in a tight geografic area. I plan on going door to door. Does anyone have a better way?

One very successful aerator around here named their aeration company very distinct name- 'PLUGGR' with a distinguishable logo showing cores of soil on a lush lawn.
I know he runs his company in a very tight affluent area here in the area, focusing on capitalizing on referrals in those gold-mine subdivisions.
I also see him have direct mailings included in the mail too, as part of a coupon package that's sent out by Val-Pac.
Val-Pac can target specific zip codes for you.
(I happen to live in that same zip code, and I get his coupons too)

I know the same guy has a landscape lighting and an irrigation company, under a differerent name though.

turfcobob
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Give me a call and we can chat 402-783-2028