Looking for your opinions, either:

Black Rock Lawn & Landscape

or

Blackwater Lawn & Landscape

Thanks!!

I think those are taken lol

Willofalltrades
11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Blackwater reminds me of a pool that sat for 5 years... blackwater... I think If you go with Black Rock you will have more logo design options... go with the first

advantage landscaping
11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Of course they're taken... It would take years to find a name that has never been used before. They are not in existence around here though.... Checked that out.

grasswhacker
11-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Of course they're taken... It would take years to find a name that has never been used before. They are not in existence around here though.... Checked that out.

You might want to see if the names are trademarked. Not sure of the law here though.

advantage landscaping
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Names are trademarked in each state i believe. You can have more than one "service" per name, like....

New England Auto Glass
New England ....
New England Lawn Care.....

So you can have more than one of the same name.

There are 5 "blackwater" xxxxxxxx in MA, same with black rock.

grasswhacker
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Well then I like "Blackwater"
" We mow you down for the right price" lol
Or
"We mow first and ask questions later"

advantage landscaping
11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
there. now in poll form. thanks for the help!

Turf Commando
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Is there any other choices besides the ones listed..? I think they both suck...!

advantage landscaping
11-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Well I thought they were pretty good... I am going for upscale and staying away from last name-biz naming.
Why don't you suggest something "turf-commando"? Just curious as to what your name is.... I assume it's stellar.

P.Services
11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Is there any other choices besides the ones listed..? I think they both suck...!

i agree for sure

advantage landscaping
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
wow I thought they were pretty solid...

advantage landscaping
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
what do you think about staying with Cape Ann Lawn & Landscape?

Turf Commando
11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
"turf-commando"? Just curious as to what your name is.... I assume it's stellar.

Well .. I'm thinking of going with Turf Commander Lawn Service...
Or MOWPRO Lawn Service. Haven't decided, but sure wouldn't call myself black rock, no disrespect tho .....Joe

Southern Signature
11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I personally wouldn't use the word black to do with lawn(green) or landscaping.The color black just sounds cold and shady. GreenRock sounds better then BlackRock in my option. Just a thought, Good luck!

11-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Looking for your opinions, either:

Black Rock Lawn & Landscape

or

Blackwater Lawn & Landscape

Thanks!!

You know Blackwater is a private military company? Are you trying to associate your image with them? Just wondering?

I agree

mdvaden
11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I'd skip Blackwater, because that's the name of the sewage tanks in RVs

"Blackwater" tanks.

:rolleyes:

Swampy
11-20-2007, 01:27 AM
You know Blackwater is a private military company? Are you trying to associate your image with them? Just wondering.

Bad publicity right now I'd shun away from that name.

Why does it have to Black______ (something)?

S.I.
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I personally wouldn't use the word black to do with lawn(green) or landscaping.The color black just sounds cold and shady. GreenRock sounds better then BlackRock in my option. Just a thought, Good luck!

I concur, Black makes me think of something dead..........maybe Clear Water, or Blue Rock, or Purple Cloud :laugh:

Sweet Tater
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
How bout Country Roads Lawn..... Country roads always make people think about nice views and natural green grass and all that happy stuff....

Big Wes
11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
What's wrong with the name you're already using?
"Cape Ann Lawn & Landscape"

americanlawn
11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
I voted for Black Water cuz it rolls off the tongue better. But I'd choose something like Blue Water or Clear Water instead. Or maybe Rolling Rock.........oooops, that's already in my fridge. LOL Of all the names mentioned so far, I like Blue Water the best. Everybody likes blue water, cuz it's nice to look at.

grasswhacker
11-20-2007, 08:37 PM
How about "Green Meadows Lawn and Landscape co."
or "Rolling meadows" or "Lawn Assassins":gunsfirin

advantage landscaping
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes I know what Blackwater is... If I had the success in lawn care that they had in the middle east I would choose that name in a second.

I decided they both sucked. I thought I had something, but now I agree with you.