PDA

View Full Version : Husky to

John Gamba
11-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Take over the redmax line. The whole thing is what i'm hearing. Is this good or bad????

LawnBoy89
11-20-2007, 09:39 AM
I would have to say bad, they can't get much better, so if they don't stay the same they will be worse.

Zooropa93
11-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Husky bought Redmax off of Zenoah Komatsu in January, but to date they have done NOTHING to the Redmax line. All they have done thus far and (according to what i've been told) plan on doing is just painting some of the Redmax units orange and selling them under the Husky line in addition to the Redmax line. ie Husky 170BT= Redmax EZB7001 etc. The trimmers will come in due time also.

gilatplc
11-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Asked my redmax dealer the same question, he responded that its only going to make the husky line better and NOT affect the redmax line. If it dose I going to buy up as much redmax equipment as I can.
But I believe him they treat me right and thats there #1 seller (redmax)

John Gamba
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm hearing the "full line" of redmax???? we shall see

LawnBoy89
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Maybe they will have redmax mowers...never know.

I wish there was one company out there that made the best everything. In my opinion eXmark has the best w/b...but I don't think they have the best ZTR, I really like my Shindiawa T261X but I also love my EBZ8001, I have about 7 weedwackers my garage wall looks like a rainbow.

saw man
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Not from what I am seeing.

They are taking the whole backpac blower line and still keeping their 356 backpac blower.
Looks like they will be taking the straight shaft stick edger but not the engine.
Why take Redmax saws to take over theirs? No need for that.
I dont see them taking the engines for their trimmers at this point.

They do have a big plant going into China where Redmax has had theirs.

gilatplc
11-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm hearing the "full line" of redmax???? we shall see

No complaints there!

gilatplc
11-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Not from what I am seeing.

They are taking the whole backpac blower line and still keeping their 356 backpac blower.
Looks like they will be taking the straight shaft stick edger but not the engine.
Why take Redmax saws to take over theirs? No need for that.
I dont see them taking the engines for their trimmers at this point.

They do have a big plant going into China where Redmax has had theirs.

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/products_product_details.aspx?pid=5009

Look familiar?? its a ebz7001 in orange!
I don't know where you are getting you information, but I say we just Waite and see what come from all this. Not all business mergers are bad, Look at Toro and Exmark or Great Dane and John Deer.

John Gamba
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=gilatplc;2039781I don't know where you are getting you information, but I say we just Waite and see what come from all this. Not all business mergers are bad, Look at Toro and Exmark or Great Dane and John Deer.[/QUOTE]

You should have said it this way-------look at what happens when a company buys a company and eats it alive.

gilatplc
11-20-2007, 01:44 PM
You should have said it this way-------look at what happens when a company buys a company and eats it alive.

Good point, guess I'm a little optimist on this one.

saw man
11-20-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/products_product_details.aspx?pid=5009

Look familiar?? its a ebz7001 in orange!
I don't know where you are getting you information, but I say we just Waite and see what come from all this. Not all business mergers are bad, Look at Toro and Exmark or Great Dane and John Deer.

Read my post again! I know they have taken the 7001 they also have taken the 8001 which will be available next year.
I said I dont believe they will take the WHOLE line, but I did tell you what they are taking.

I have all the info. on what Huskys new products are this next year so that is how I got my info.

Envy Lawn Service
11-20-2007, 04:47 PM
All will go fine until Husqvarna starts getting deeper involved in the financial's of RedMax.
Specifically the balance sheets on the production line.

Then we will likely see a decrease in quality... and the more they get more deeply involved, the farther downhill all aspects of RedMax will go.

I think the only thing RedMax has in their corner really that has kept attention off it this long is just time... and the fact they do have that plant in China. They are getting PREMIUM price (high end of the market) for Chinese produced goods, so I am sure the margins are so good that nobody at Husqvarna has been too worried about trying to better that.

Myself, I'm glad I got myself some Redmax stuff before all this went down.

saw man
11-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I am not sure of what will happen to Redmax but I dont feel that the quality will go down down like Envy has said. They have taken over many companies and left them how they are, some of which none of you have heard of. It is just a matter of waiting and seeing as to what happens. There is not one manufacture that makes the best equipment in every category, pick and choose.

Husky also has a rear discharge deck that will be available on a new ZTR this next year.

Envy Lawn Service
11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
You're talking about that mulching deck right?

Looks like a beefed up version of the one that was on the Swedish rider.
It can mulch or rear discharge best I remember.

Anyways, it's one of the most interesting things I have seen for the '08 ZTR market.
I would already have my order in on that to try.....
But I have this bitter taste in my mouth I can wash out, so.......

saw man
11-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Not sure what it looks like! I have only seen the price list with new items and items that will be discontinued.

From the looks of it, it is on the BAM frame (could be wrong) that is sold seperate with whatever deck you want with it.

I dont get much Husky info anymore, for many reasons, but they still make some good equipment (not everything, just like everyone else)

Hafta see though, from things I have heard and seen I wouldnt drop them out.

John Gamba
11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=Envy Lawn Service;2040611]You're talking about that mulching deck right?

Looks like a beefed up version of the one that was on the Swedish rider.
It can mulch or rear discharge best I remember.

QUOTE]

That "stiga" looking thing??

tallimeca
11-22-2007, 01:12 AM
husky is taking the whole redmax line and making it orange and available as husky. Just certain models. The 170 backpacks have been available all year. The 180's will be in the spring which will be the ebz8000's.

There's a local red max dealer who is telling all his customers that i'm lying to them by telling them that blowers are the same. There are some differences (straps/frame/gas tank/shroud). I think they are better then redmax which makes the blower better as a whole.

Husky has no immediate plans on changing the way Redmax is run.

The mulching deck you are talking about is called the combi deck.

It's basically a bigger , beefed up version of the sweedish rider deck. It will be offered on new machines and there will be a retro fit kit for select models of the past.

The issue is that the deck is real deep, so there is an issue with the height adjust. I seen one in person, it's odd looking but it does work very well. Made leaves virtually disappear on the lawn.

John Gamba
11-22-2007, 05:45 AM
I seen one in person, it's odd looking but it does work very well. Made leaves virtually disappear on the lawn.

A 4" deep lawn?