PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Day for Fall Cleanup in Mass.!

Landscape89
11-20-2007, 12:40 PM
NOT! Taken 11:30 this morning, coming down at a pretty good clip and I got a shot of the heavy leaves that have fallen. :dizzy:

Being the first snow though, I have a feeling my customers are gonna get worried and want their Fall Cleanups done real soon in case this happens at a later date with a more severe impact. I'll have to wait and see.Like I've said in the past, Gotta LOVE living in New England! :laugh:

All_Toro_4ME
11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Hard to tell fromt he pic, but is the ground frozen?

Landscape89
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Hard to tell fromt he pic, but is the ground frozen?

Sorry. Not Frozen at the moment. Around where I am it's been in the mid 40's during the day, and upper 20's and lower 30's at night. It's supposed to warm up into the 50's for the next few days but I've looked at the 15 day and in about a week it's going to get really cold again :hammerhead:

12PM: The snow has stopped. Here's a pic from the Same Location.

jt5019
11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
yup snow today here too! then thanksgiving coming up. Friday is supposed to be sunny but really windy, i feel like im never going to finish my leaf jobs.

RedMax Man
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I got at least an inch here, no joke lol and the salt trucks are out in full force. I was ready to head out and do cleanups but its just too deep. I'll snap a few pics.

I think this is our heads up the winter in coming soon...

RedMax Man
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Here's a few pics. Now its all melting quickly. I cleaned off the truck thinking it was going to stop but it kept coming down so i just start over tomorrow.

Landscape89
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Here's a few pics. Now its all melting quickly. I cleaned off the truck thinking it was going to stop but it kept coming down so i just start over tomorrow.

Wow, you got a pretty good amount up there. Now, let it melt and give me 2 weeks or so just so I can get these Clean ups done! lol

ewmesko
11-20-2007, 05:18 PM
You guys are lucky, we got like 8 inches down here. Completely messed everything up and now its supposed to rain all week lol

DBL
11-20-2007, 05:42 PM
just rain here couldnt bring the crews in for 2 days we need to get out there tomorrow to stay ahead

pj550v12
11-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Was forced because of the holiday to head out and do cleanups in the rain today. Without a leaf loader we were hoping to use the Exmark with Ultra-vac to do the work, but not so with the wet leaves. It was a long day.

02DURAMAX
11-20-2007, 09:03 PM

Wish we had that snow down here!!!!

Raven386
11-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Was forced because of the holiday to head out and do cleanups in the rain today. Without a leaf loader we were hoping to use the Exmark with Ultra-vac to do the work, but not so with the wet leaves. It was a long day.

very long day.... Im just glad we have a new Stihl blower :laugh: . yea the ultravac is fantastic. it really made a bigger mess more than it helped. It did chop the leaves up but it just wouldn't suck them into the bags. just kept getting clogged in the ultravac. Anyone here using the U/V to do clean-ups? what blades are you using, high lifts, mulchers, gator blades etc..?
Thanks.
-Matt

lawnkid
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Cleanups in the snow is nothing unusual for us. We've actually done some of our larger cleanups in the snow the last two years. My way of thinking is this: since the ground is frozen it's better to do it now than wait for the snow to melt and then be soft. You can still get work done in the snow.

vermonta
11-21-2007, 01:13 AM
I have used the ultravacs on both my 5' and 6' and neither work well if the leaves are really wet. Although the 6 footer works better than the 5, The best blades I have found for the 5 is the Dixie Chopper medium lift blades.
My Everide, I think works better at sucking up wet stuff than the Exmark does but the grass needs to be longer for the deck to have the proper suction. I cut it high and it works well but still slow.

I'm in hopes that this stuff will melt and I can finish cleanup, but the weather doesn't look promising. If it melts and then is to cold at night everything freezes to the ground and it sucks :dizzy: trying to suck them up :)

smcunningham
11-21-2007, 01:20 AM
I DID TWO LEAF CLEAN UPS TODAY THAT SHOULD OF TOOK 4 HOURS.....
But because everything is soaking wet it took like 10 hours....7:00am to 5:45pm
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

smcunningham
11-21-2007, 01:21 AM
I DID TWO LEAF CLEAN UPS TODAY THAT SHOULD OF TOOK 4 HOURS.....
But because everything is soaking wet it took like 10 hours....7:00am to 5:45pm
:cry::cry::cry::cry:I feel like I got ran over by a freight train:cry:

J&R Landscaping
11-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I wish I was even able to get clean-ups done at all. More then 50% of the leaves are still on the trees. I was down at my shop today moving some stuff around and a buddy from the next yard came over. He didnt have much to do so we sat around talking and playing cards for a few hours.

South Florida Lawns
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Today it was a bit breezy and around 75 outside.

Landscape89
11-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Today it was a bit breezy and around 75 outside.

God, I wish it was like that here. Doing 3" deep SOAKEN WET leaves in the cloudy, drizzly cold weather is not pleasing! :dizzy:

vermonta
11-22-2007, 01:09 AM
IT WILL get better