PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2007, 01:18 AM
To all my American friends and acquaintances:

From my family to yours, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all have the opportunity to take some time off, sit back, relax and spend your time surrounded by family and friends.

We all have a lot to be thankful for!

:canadaflag::usflag:

Chris J
11-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Same to you my friend. BTW, I tried to respond to your email, but it wouldn't go because of some error on the page? Maybe you're so far out you have to watch Monday night football on Wednesday?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Same to you my friend. BTW, I tried to respond to your email, but it wouldn't go because of some error on the page? Maybe you're so far out you have to watch Monday night football on Wednesday?

I wish Chris! Its 1:33am and I just finished paying the bills (again). It is snowing pretty heavily outside now... first snow of the year. Tomorrow should be fun as we have 3 more zones of wire to get dug into the ground on a heavily wooded site.

Nothing like shovelling snow, then raking back leaves, so that you can swing a pick into the frosted ground, then go back and pick the trench the other direction, then go back and clean out the trench with a shovel, lay the wire in, then rake back the frozen chunks, stamp them down with your boots, then rake the leaves back over! What a lot of work just to get the wire in! Oh well... I actually have to be thankful for the work. :)

Enjoy.

NightScenes
11-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks James and happy Thanksgiving to all. Let's all remember what this holiday is about and give thanks for all that God has provided to us.

God bless,

pete scalia
11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
INTEGRA- watch out, soon us "Rich Canadians" are going to be heading down there and scooping up all your real estate bargains... next will be your corporations, well I mean the ones that are not awash in scandal and corruption!

Happy Thanksgiving all!
God bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her.........!
:usflag:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2007, 08:35 AM
INTEGRA- watch out, soon us "Rich Canadians" are going to be heading down there and scooping up all your real estate bargains... next will be your corporations, well I mean the ones that are not awash in scandal and corruption!

Happy Thanksgiving all!
God bless America
Land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her.........!

Dear Lord! "Pete" it was a joke, you know.... HUMOUR. You really need to lighten up, chill out, take a break, hibernate for the winter and otherwise relax. I really am not Dr. Evil you know.

Raven386
11-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Integra same to you!

and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else too!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Some morning images of the first snowfall of the season.....

Enjoy.

(Mods... Technically this is a lighting post as there is a photograph of a fixture included. :) )

The Lighting Geek
11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Happy turkey day people!

Paul, see you and whoever else in SD next week!

irrig8r
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Some morning images of the first snowfall of the season.....

Enjoy.

(Mods... Technically this is a lighting post as there is a photograph of a fixture included. :) )

WOW! That must be the Golden Deliter!

irrig8r
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Nothing like shovelling snow, then raking back leaves, so that you can swing a pick into the frosted ground, then go back and pick the trench the other direction, then go back and clean out the trench with a shovel, lay the wire in, then rake back the frozen chunks, stamp them down with your boots, then rake the leaves back over! What a lot of work just to get the wire in! Oh well... I actually have to be thankful for the work. :)

James... I'm surprised at you. Swinging a pick is good if you need aerobic exercise, but a Bosch (or DeWalt, Hilti, Makita, Hitachi, etc.) demo hammer with a clay spade is a wonderul tool.. provided of course that you're not running into thick roots, and have a source of 120V power within 100 ft.

Pro-Scapes
11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Happy thanksgiving to all as well. Hope everyone has plenty to be thankful for. I myself have spent the afternoon prepping for the morning deepfrying of 4 turkeys (for friends and us).

May the Lord bless you all and keep everyone safe this holiday season

God Bless

Billy and Ashley

PS James excellent photos. I think we need to hold a convention in your area. Must be amazing to have the winters off to enjoy such a wonderful and tranquil surrounding however thoes deer wouldnt last 5 min down here :)

Mike M
11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
however thoes deer wouldnt last 5 min down here

I thought the same thing when I saw those brood shots.

By the way, too bad it had to snow and ruin those outdoor photo's. :)

Happy Bird Day.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Happy thanksgiving to all as well. Hope everyone has plenty to be thankful for. I myself have spent the afternoon prepping for the morning deepfrying of 4 turkeys (for friends and us).

May the Lord bless you all and keep everyone safe this holiday season

God Bless

Billy and Ashley

PS James excellent photos. I think we need to hold a convention in your area. Must be amazing to have the winters off to enjoy such a wonderful and tranquil surrounding however thoes deer wouldnt last 5 min down here :)

Winters off to enjoy? Not in a long time my friend! This winter I have a couple of boathouses to wire and light, 3 residential interiors, 1 commercial interior, and 2 residential exteriors... I will be taking a couple of weeks off in February to head down South and catch some Sun and Heat, other then that, we are almost booked up.

Have a great day.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2007, 06:11 PM
James... I'm surprised at you. Swinging a pick is good if you need aerobic exercise, but a Bosch (or DeWalt, Hilti, Makita, Hitachi, etc.) demo hammer with a clay spade is a wonderul tool.. provided of course that you're not running into thick roots, and have a source of 120V power within 100 ft.

Thanks Gregg... I actually need the exercise. I think the roots and rocks would cause a lot of problems for the demo-hammer set up. It sure would shake me to the bones too. I have about 400m of wire to go in the ground yet. We are going to wait until next week when it is supposed to warm up some.

Have a great day.

Marcos
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks, Integra! :canadaflag:
My wife works with lots of Canadians day in and day out in her business operations near Dayton OH.
She was an hour late for supper tonight, because she said the " folks above the border couldn't handle 4 days without us doing their homework for them" !! :laugh: :canadaflag:

Oh, well....Tomorrow we'll have the family over and watch football and eat turkey until we're ready to bust.

ChampionLS
11-21-2007, 11:43 PM
We have a Bosch electric jackhammer with a wide asphalt chisel. Works great for chopping through frozen ground, rocks and roots. There are many accessories that fit the hex shank, including post drivers, and tampers. Where theres a will theres a way.

David Gretzmier
11-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey Guys- -went to bed at 8:30pm last night, exausted, now wide awake at 1:30 am on thanksgiving morning. Happy thanksgiving to all. James- awesome pictures on the snow. I plant to go south for 2 weeks in February as well, cruising in the Eastern Carribean. today is theoretically a day off, But Christmas installs still lurk. I got a call last night at 6pm, followed up with a site visit to trouble shoot. soaking wet and 35 degrees, was able to help but not solve all electrical problems. Client was pleased for the effort,but expects ( and rightfully so) all problems solved by sundown friday. Happy Thanksgiving !

Lite4
11-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Thanks James, Beautiful pics. You should feel fortunate to live in a place with that much beauty around you. Man, I miss the snow.

Happy Thanksgiving all. I hope everyone has some time to reflect on all our blessings. America may have it's problems, but it is still by far the most "God Blessed" nation in the world. It must say something when people are still scrambling to get here by the millions. This truly is the land of oportunity for all of us, and we should be truly thankful we have her.

EOL
11-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks James, Beautiful pics. You should feel fortunate to live in a place with that much beauty around you. Man, I miss the snow.

Happy Thanksgiving all. I hope everyone has some time to reflect on all our blessings. America may have it's problems, but it is still by far the most "God Blessed" nation in the world. It must say something when people are still scrambling to get here by the millions. This truly is the land of oportunity for all of us, and we should be truly thankful we have her.

Very,Very true Tim. Happy Thanksgiving to all my commrads and family. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm visiting relatives here in Corpus Christi, Tx. and TOMARROW morning I'll be catchin the flounder in the flats here in the Gulf. Turkey today Flounder tomarrow. Outstanding!!!!!!

NightScenes
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
http://holydays.tripod.com/linc.htm

I'm including a link that I think is important. In this day and age we seem to forget how and why this country was founded. We now say things like happy "turkey day" instead of happy Thanksgiving. We say happy "holidays" instead of Merry CHRISTmas. So we are taking the thanks out of Thanksgiving and Christ out of Christmas.

These are just some thoughts. I find myself VERY thankful for the many blessings in my life. I have a great wife and daughter at home to greet me each evening when I come in. I have a nice home in a wonderful neighborhood. I have a great faith community. I could go on all day but it suffices to say that I am thankful to God for everything that he has blessed me with.

May God bless all of you.

Pro-Scapes
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Very,Very true Tim. Happy Thanksgiving to all my commrads and family. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm visiting relatives here in Corpus Christi, Tx. and TOMARROW morning I'll be catchin the flounder in the flats here in the Gulf. Turkey today Flounder tomarrow. Outstanding!!!!!!

Im jealous... Its been 2 weeks this saturday since I been fishing. Not good.

Also Paul ... excellent post. We should all really take a step back and be thankful for what we have. Many of us push trying to break to the next level but fail to stop and look at what we have right in front of us
God Bless

Mike M
11-23-2007, 07:57 AM
2 weeks this saturday since I been fishing. Not good.

I know what you mean, Billy. Like missing church on Sunday.

Pro-Scapes
11-23-2007, 08:42 AM
2 weeks this saturday since I been fishing. Not good.

I know what you mean, Billy. Like missing church on Sunday.

I would have to say missing church is a bit worse. Missing fishing comes in 2nd tho

lifetree
11-23-2007, 08:46 AM
To all my American friends and acquaintances: From my family to yours, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. ... :canadaflag::usflag:

Please excuse my ignorance, however, does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving or have an equivalent holiday ??

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, however, does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving or have an equivalent holiday ??

Yes we do celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada. Ours is generally a month or so before yours... (October 6-8 this year) and we get the Monday off as a statutory holiday.

Great neighbours share great traditions....

:canadaflag::):usflag:

lifetree
11-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Yes we do celebrate Thanksgiving here in Canada. Ours is generally a month or so before yours... (October 6-8 this year) and we get the Monday off as a statutory holiday.

Great neighbours share great traditions....

:canadaflag::):usflag:

Thanks, you learn something new everyday !!