PDA

View Full Version : Which BG Bag can you recommend?

GMDrew
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello, I have a TKD502SP and the zipper just broke on the bag. As a result, I'm in need of a new one. According to the manual there are four different ones. If anyone has experience or comments on these, I'd appreciate it.
BTW - I use my BG only at my house for leaf cleanup off my lawn -- so dust isn't a huge factor.

Model 900806 - Standard
Model 900803 - Felt Bag
Model 900798 - Heavy Duty Bag
Model 890221 - Zipperless Bag

The zipperless bag sounds interresting to me (seeing how my zipper just broke) but can anyone comment on how easy it is to empty it.

Thanks
Andrew

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
GMDrew

The zipperless bag has been discontinued. The one that came with the TKD is the 900806 - Standard. I'd stay away from the felt one for that unit as we've found that the wood chips like to stick to the felt. The same goes for the heavy duty bag. Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.

GMDrew
12-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Mr.Force - thanks for the reply. I have another bag on the way. I have an additional question however -- I want to replace my clutch PN 900307, but, my dealer said this is no longer a valid PN. He told me there is an "upgrade kit" available, but doesn't know what it is or looks like. Can you provide any light on this matter? I don't want to spend the cash to order a kit without knowing what I going to get or end up with.

Thanks

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
12-12-2007, 03:22 PM
GMDrew,

The clutch (900307) is no longer made by our supplier. The clutch conversion kit (890605, list $145) is what you are going to need. It comes with the belt and all the parts to convert the drive to a belt drive instead of the chain drive you currently have. I prefer the belt system as altogether better. It also allows the unit to freewheel both forward and backwards when not engaged.

Let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

grass guys
01-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Hello, I have a TKD511SP and clutch broke well not really just a sprocket did and I'm not sure what my clutch pn is but my local dealer said that they don't make them anymore and I was wondering if the clutch conversion kit (890605, list $145) would work for me too.

Thanks
Matt