PDA

View Full Version : Sagging F250

cpel2004
11-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I have a 1995 F250, its sagging when I pull my trailer and I cant stand it. Im only pulling a 6X12 enclosed heavy duty trailer. It pulls a JD 667, 36 Scag, 36 wright stander. I dont think it should be sagging? What do you guys recommend to fix this issue?

P.Services
11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
helper springs

DreamtheGreen
11-21-2007, 07:06 PM
helper springs won't do a dam bit of good. Find a Spring shop around you and call and get prices on adding a leaf. I did it to my Dodge 1500 when it started to sag. Five years later and still looks good when pulling a trailer.

stroker51
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Add a leafs would make a big difference. Firestone ride rite air springs are another option. My 96 had a few broken springs in the back that took a lot of ride height away when i had a trailer on, you might want to check that out too.

BrandonV
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
air springs are the way to go if you use the truck for things other than hauling

cpel2004
11-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Would air springs give the truck a smoother ride while towing? Are helper springs the same as air springs, can someone explain the difference? Thank you

Big Lebowski
12-28-2007, 11:47 PM
I know this is an old post but some folks never consider weight distribution when trailering. The trailer should be carrying the majority of the weight. In most cases it means only 10% at the tongue. Check your trailer manual or read more about it by doing a search on the web.

So how do you adjust it? If you are using a receiver hitch, you need to adjust the height of the ball by using different drops or flipped over to create a "lift" to achieve the proper weight distribution. If you are pulling from your bumper then you may need to buy a receiver hitch, because just because the bumper accepts the ball at that height, doesn't mean it's correct for your application. A 2" drop might be the most popular but it is not a one size fits all.

cpel2004
12-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah Lebo your right, my next trailer will have a longer tongue. I have decided to beef up the springs. I love my 3500, I never have to worry about a thing, put it on the hitch and roll.

plumbguy
12-29-2007, 12:10 AM
I know this is an old post but some folks never consider weight distribution when trailering. The trailer should be carrying the majority of the weight. In most cases it means only 10% at the tongue. Check your trailer manual or read more about it by doing a search on the web.

So how do you adjust it? If you are using a receiver hitch, you need to adjust the height of the ball by using different drops or flipped over to create a "lift" to achieve the proper weight distribution. If you are pulling from your bumper then you may need to buy a receiver hitch, because just because the bumper accepts the ball at that height, doesn't mean it's correct for your application. A 2" drop might be the most popular but it is not a one size fits all.

I agree, you could be surpassing your tongue load.