PDA

View Full Version : what services should i include

DEEREBOY14
11-22-2007, 04:01 PM
hi what services should i include in my landscaping service im 14 just to let you know, thank you!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

B_gerrits
11-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Dude if you are only 14 I see no way to do actual landscaping. Lawn care yes landscaping no way. To play with the little boys you at least need a truck I say little boys which I am one of because the big boys have some serious equip. Landscaping requires plant knowledge, design ability, irrigation knowledge, and would be a great asperation to obtain but it is hard work. If you want to be a landscaper you need to work for one because you will need a contractor lic and most states require that you have verifiable experience before qualifing for that. Find out your state requirements to get your lic ,do your lawncare. When you are 16 go to work for a lic landscaper do your time to qualify to get lic. Learn as much as you can about plants take any classes you can in landscape design. Drafting would be a great class because you may have to draw up plans you definetly need to know how to read them. Sound likes a lot but you are young. Landscaping is a career and any career you want will require work to obtain and at your age if you have a goal and a plan you are way ahead of the rest.

DSLND
11-22-2007, 07:24 PM
I sware evertime i get on here, you start another useless thread.

It's great you want to get into the business, but theres no need to repeat yourself. Just read through the "Just Starting" section, and then ask any questions you may still have.

Also, the "search" feature at the top can be a huge help!

If you have any questions, PM me.

-Mitch-

shane mapes
11-22-2007, 07:28 PM
are you working under the table ???? if so you may not want to post on here. if you are working legal {i don't see how } then do what you can do and find another company to help you with what you can't do...

tbettis
11-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Go To School

Raven386
11-25-2007, 02:45 AM
I dont believe it is "his" business. pretty sure its his dads.

topsites
11-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Have to find out what it is you like to do, maybe you want to try on several different things, find out for yourself what it is you might want to do full time or for the long term, it is a little different for everybody.

Not sure, I'm not much into it, just stuff off the top of my head, here's some:

Things such as mulch, landscaping timbers rocks and gravel (like walkways and driveways, edging beds), planting flowers and bushes, small decorative ponds (with fish?), simple stuff like bird feeders and bird baths come to mind, etc...

You might also check into some software, I would search the troves see if you can find something free.
I found something but it's in alpha stage and you want at least a Beta...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsc/

It's under the 'visualization' part of the directory tree, not exactly the best thing for what we're doing but I suspect it might be as close as it gets... Found it by doing a search for 'landscape design'
... Which yielded over 2000 results and more than a few have to do with non-related applications, the visualization branch holds 1700 results but it's under Scientific/Engineering > Artificial Intelligence and I think that's a good start with this place.
Perhaps you might refine the search or if you can find a part of the directory tree that holds something better that would help.

Or you can buy one, time or money, choices.

Peace out

topsites
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Hmmm there might not be much, here's Garden Sketch:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/igarden/
Looks a bit basic but it is a beta so it should work.

Seems that might be all it is, doesn't appear very Lco oriented this source forge ...
But anyhow, hope that gave some ideas.