PDA

View Full Version : locks for trailer security

ken gustafson
11-22-2007, 10:42 PM
GusHill Industries offers locks for trailers. We design, manufacture, hold the U.S.Patents and sell special trailer locks. If you want security for your trailer, check out our web site at.... www.trailerlocksonline.com
When viewing our trailer locks on our site.... please wait a few seconds on DaKing and DaBull locks for these locks shall come apart in several stages. This is to show how they work. DaPlug's view is obvious in it's security features. Check out our site, we keep your trailer lock up tight. Ken

grassmanak
11-22-2007, 10:43 PM
are you a sponser

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
11-22-2007, 10:53 PM
HMM, i think you are doomed.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-23-2007, 12:53 AM
are you a sponser

Grassmanak, yes Ken is sponsor of this site. The company he works for is GusHill Industries and you can find the specific forum for GusHill Industries under the truck and trailer sponsor forums or click on this link: http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217

An easy way to tell if someone is a sponsor, member, moderator, etc. is to look directly under their name. Under Ken's name it says "Sponsor", likewise under your name it says "LawnSite Senior Member". Hope this helps.

newz7151
11-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Grassmanak, yes Ken is sponsor of this site. The company he works for is GusHill Industries and you can find the specific forum for GusHill Industries under the truck and trailer sponsor forums or click on this link: http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217

An easy way to tell if someone is a sponsor, member, moderator, etc. is to look directly under their name. Under Ken's name it says "Sponsor", likewise under your name it says "LawnSite Senior Member". Hope this helps.

:laugh::laugh: grassmanak :blob2::blob2:

(that's supposed to mean "burnnnn" , it's probably something that only people that were in high school in the early to mid 90s will know, or if you've seen some episodes of "That 70s Show" )

And on the post, looking at the site, I don't see an application for a standard ball mount (non-bulldog) latch?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
11-23-2007, 02:05 AM
And on the post, looking at the site, I don't see an application for a standard ball mount (non-bulldog) latch?

It's coming, going to be called DaBall. Ken can tell you more about when you can expect it.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
11-23-2007, 08:16 AM
MY BAD FRIEND,as for locking a basic trailer what have you got?

grassmanak
11-23-2007, 08:11 PM
my appoligies, i did look at your product as well, ill be interested in one for a regular hitch.

topsites
11-24-2007, 11:11 AM
What about the receiver ...

When it's just as unlikely they won't have a hitch that fits your receiver as it is unlikely their receiver ball doesn't fit your tongue...

ken gustafson
11-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Just thought that the time had come to explain our position in trailer locks.
When our business started in 1999 not a lot of companies were doing anything in making sure that your trailer stayed yours. I personally got started because my trailer was stolen. I have never gotten over my trailer being gone. In the beginning decisions were made. What type trailer hitch do you make a lock for? I choose the Pintle/Lunette type hitch. Even the smallest one is 10 times stronger than anything in a ball setup plus everything in the military uses this setup. So we decided on DaPlug trailer lock. The entire U.S. Patent process was the biggest shock. Just the paperwork and search was $11,000 and then to mass produce this lock...the setup and first 100 models was another $30,000. Now when we want another 100 models it is only a fraction of that price. If we wanted to go to China or some other place we would be talking less money per piece but you have to order by the 1000 pieces and wait 3 months for delivery. So we have waited.... and to those who say the Pintle/Lunette setup makes too much noise etc. it is pole vaulting over mouse manure plain and simple but again a choice.
Then came DaKing which is for king pin setups. Every large truck...period... uses a king pin hookup. And again in the military.... what does not use Lunette/Pintle hookup uses a king pin setup. And that is how we have started. Now we are into other business types. By accident we have discovered the lawn care industry. The forums are alive and the people care a lot about everything. In doing ordinary research, which is difficult and at times impossible, we decided to make DaBull for Bulldog trailer hitches. Now through feedback we have been requested to build other locks for other types of trailer connections. It was something that had already been planned. It takes much time and money for each lock. DaGoose for gooseneck trailer connections is in final stages of development. DaGoose is a trailer connection that has a trailer ball installed in the bed, not on bumper, of a pickup. And yet another trailer lock...DaBall is being developed,as I write now, for most all trailer balls that mount on bumpers. These 2 locks are about a year away... maybe...trying hard to speed it up. Everything takes money.
In my original situation...trailer stolen and gone...I decided on Lunette/Pintle and had my trailers modified. Very happy to have made the choice. Ken