PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Florida

KrazyCutz
11-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Hello I'm moving to Florida in a week or so and I'm taking my landscaping equipment with me.
I'm looking for prices on basic lawn cutting (cut, edge, blow, trim). I don't want to low ball, I can't stand when someone does that.
Also just FYI I'm going to be Lic & Ins. No hackers here!!!!
I'll be in the Spring Hill area
Thanks

Turf Professionals Inc.
11-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Here in Central Florida, the hourly rate varies between $45 - $60 an hour. I am currently at $50 per hour right now. I will probably increase my rate 10% next season. Hope this helps!

Sweet Tater
11-24-2007, 01:37 AM
Hello I'm moving to Florida in a week or so

I am so sorry or you. Don't do it. Save your self.:nono:

GravelyNut
11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
I am so sorry or you. Don't do it. Save your self.:nono:

He won't even be noticed. Atleast not at the current rate of 1000 more people everyday in population. And we're in the process of moving north. 45 years are enough.

KrazyCutz
11-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry why don't move and won't I be noticed? Just so everyone is clear here Landscaping is not my carrer, I just like to make enough to double my mortgage every month as a sence of security. Lets say my mortgage is less then $1200 so double that is $2400 so $2400 is what I'd be happy making a month. So thats $600 a week, is it that bad?
Thanks
Again

Trkcat_Ga
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
He won't even be noticed. Atleast not at the current rate of 1000 more people everyday in population. And we're in the process of moving north. 45 years are enough.

Got you beat Grave!

I did my first 31 years in Sunny South Florida ( WPB ) and now I live in North Ga. I could be happier to be gone. Only thing noticed down there is the price of everything going through the roof and the everglades drying up.

D & J Lawn Care
11-24-2007, 10:32 AM
good growing area alot of new sub divisions out there and there is a need because alot of people buying in spring hill for the discount but the ride to work to tampa is at least an hour so people have little time to do their own lawn use the FLYER publication to advertise when you get down and good luck and $20 to $25 for stamps till you get in the higher end neighborhoods

Patriot Services
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Don't let the naysayers get you down buddy. You will do just fine in Spring Hill. Lots of subdivisions right off Hwy 19. Expect to get about 100-110 a month for the standard .25 acre homesite, maybe more for hedge and bush maint. The Flyer paper does not extend that far north yet, but the Hernando newspaper service directory should get you started. Might be a little tough until Feb, even our grass goes dormant this time year. Might score a couple mulch jobs or bed rehabs now. Just be neat and dependable and you will be fine. Better to start now and work into the summer heat, you will be more tolerant by June. Good Luck!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

KrazyCutz
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Man I was getting a little nervous.

Sweet Tater
11-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I was just speaking of FLA i general. If it weren't for the Cubans and old people the only resident would be Mickey and his gang.
After 42 years living 200 yards from the beach, its was just another poluted mud hole and I didn't speak spanish, so O moved back to America

Down2EarthLawns
11-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome to Spring Hill!!!! Home of the nearly-dead and the newly-wed! Kind of a tough market to make good numbers with all the illegal LCO's in the area, but there is definitely room for some good ones who are dependable. Generally, it is an average of $55-75 per month on 1/4 acres around hear with every week cuts. The St.Augustine turf is very easy on the blades and to cut. Bahia is fairly difficult through the summer months with stringers. These are the 2 main types of turf to do some research on for work around here.

KrazyCutz
11-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks to everyone that helped out here. It's cool to have a site that landscapers can help each other out instead of trying to break one another down. I really personally feel it should be the legal companies verse's the illegal companies!!!! But thats another post.
So lastly, if you scape in Florida whats the deal with bagging? Where would you dump? and if you have any tips that would be great, I have all my NY idea's but not sure how'd they go over in Florida.
Thanks
Again

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I Started my LCO in Melbourne, Florida. My average account in the boom neighborhoods was 70 per month. Have fun working around all the lowballers... Florida is bad about that.

Down2EarthLawns
11-29-2007, 09:57 PM
There are a few who bag down here, but most mulch. I mulch year-round for everyone. I guess you would take the clippings to the local dump. Somewhere around $1/pound for yard debris.

GravelyNut
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Got you beat Grave!

I did my first 31 years in Sunny South Florida ( WPB ) and now I live in North Ga. I could be happier to be gone. Only thing noticed down there is the price of everything going through the roof and the everglades drying up.

Prices are still going thru the roof and the Everglades are getting wetter. What is now disappearing is the sugar cane farms along US-27 south of the lake. SFWMD is taking the land and turning it into filtering areas.Star Rock pit just south of the bend at Duda is the current north end of it.

Patriot Services
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Bagging what's that? I haven't bagged a lawn in since I got here in 1997. Bring your block off plate and get some gator blades. By the way get extra sets of blades you will change them often, sandy soil and tuff augustine grass eat them up quick. BTW whens the big moving day?:usflag::usflag::usflag:

KrazyCutz
11-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I hope to leave as early as Dec 3, yep this Monday. I figure it will take some time to get the Lic and Ins, but after that I look foward to getting back out there and cutting some grass, Believe it or not I love to work outside, I enjoy it. True NY doesn't get as hot but like everything else I'll get use to it.
Again thanks to everyone out there helping out with this!!!!
Thanks

wooley99
12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Bienvenidos a Florida, el estado de sol y humedad.

You might as well start practicing now, you'll need it.

lawnman_scott
12-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Bienvenidos a Florida, el estado de sol y humedad.

You might as well start practicing now, you'll need it.been here since 95 and I dont know what that means. I dont think he will need it.

lawnman_scott
12-01-2007, 11:30 AM
So lastly, if you scape in Florida whats the deal with bagging? AgainIs this a typo? Did you mean scalp? If so, we dont do that scalp thing down here. I have seen pics from up north, and if you did it here you would be killed. But dont listen to everyone. The problem isnt the prices here, the problem is the crappy service people give. You may have to give it some time, but the good customers will come.

KrazyCutz
12-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry short for landscape, I stand by my service 100%. Do you bag? Bagging doesn't bother me but if it's not needed then why do it, right?
Thanks

Down2EarthLawns
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Sorry short for landscape, I stand by my service 100%. Do you bag? Bagging doesn't bother me but if it's not needed then why do it, right?
Thanks

You've got it right. Mulch everything. No need to brush up on your Espanol either because you are moving to Spring Hill. You'll probably feel right at home here, the only accents around are from Jersey, NY, and Rhole Island.

sancho_man_orlando
12-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Be sure to put a "boricua" sticker on your car... this is Puerto Rican code for "I'm PR too so don't steal this car"... It works. Try it!

capelawncare.com
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
welcome to the Jungle baby....brush up on your spanish!

flascaper
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Man don't listen to the negatives. I moved from the armpit of the nation Delaware to start my business hear in fla 8 yrs ago and its been great. I do installs but still the amount of people moving here IS the reason you make more. I mean so one thousand more people a day or whatever the F*%k who cares its more people = more money. Yes its hot as hell but right now its not its awesome now and no freeze so work all year. In the summer work till 1pm and go home drink beer and whatch Dr. Phil. SEE Ya :dancing:

flascaper
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Of course Ive never been to Springhill.

greg1
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Man don't listen to the negatives. I moved from the armpit of the nation Delaware to start my business hear in fla 8 yrs ago and its been great. I do installs but still the amount of people moving here IS the reason you make more. I mean so one thousand more people a day or whatever the F*%k who cares its more people = more money. Yes its hot as hell but right now its not its awesome now and no freeze so work all year. In the summer work till 1pm and go home drink beer and whatch Dr. Phil. SEE Ya :dancing:

:cool2: Beer yes, Dr. Phil no way :cool2:

But yea, you descibed me 2 a TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt. LOL :waving:

wildstarblazer
12-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Got you beat Grave!

I was from south florida as well. I agree with you. I am in south georgia now.
The prices per lawn in florida are so low due the amount of companies there. It is really hard to get a good price. However it seems much easier to get work there than where I am now. There are a ton of us here too but the price per yard is much better. Just the people that can afford it in my area are fewer.