PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Commercial Accounts?

JaysLawns
11-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah I have several bids to put in on some commercial properties. How do you guys submit a bid? Do you write a paragraph letter introducing your company with the price in the letter? Thanks to all that reply.

JJ

shane mapes
11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
what i do is just fill out a proposal bid sheet... it has all my contact info and bus. # .. and add a brief description of what i would do to the property and the price. i don't spend a lot of time of the bid.. when they call back then i do what ever it takes to get the bid for what i'm asking for........

Perfect Lawnscapes Inc.
11-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Kiss major butt, dont low-ball....... most of them take the middle bid, always be on time, know your stuff, make sure you know what you are getting into...exactly what you are getting into. make sure snow removal is not required but able to be bid on, constant snow contract(beginning to end of storm) or when snow has stopped. offer somthing different like "organic fertilizer in planting beds when you re-do the mulch". wear respectable clothing but not squeaky clean, most of the people in charge started at a given company mowing or just doing crap work(they may relate to workboots). find some good-clean jokes. make yourself memorable. and above all else if you don't know the EXACT answer to their question.... don't answer(they might be trying to bait you.)