PDA

View Full Version : Truck Signs

YardBoss Lawncare
11-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey fellas, i'm just wrapping up my first year in the business. I've got a logo picked out and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get it made for both truck doors and put on. There's a sign company in town, but they only do the plain white vinyl letters. No designs, etc... I want a professional look. My logo is a yellow circle with green rectangle across the bottom. A small green strand of grass is in the top right corner of the circle. I'm in Northern Oklahoma. Thanks guys.

memac259
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
www.buildasign.com

flakebortch
11-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey LDH – I looked up some sign companies online, and there were quite a few. I was going to post a link but I think I’d be doing you a disservice because there are so many of them. Just Google “magnetic signs” and you will get more information than you can imagine.

Signs, it seems, range in size from the very narrow, for just your company name and #, to anything that your door, hood or roof can accommodate. Usually you buy at least two, one for each door and the cheapest I’ve found for a pair is about $25 for a 6x12, but I’ve only started researching this tonight. By the way, thanks for the reminder. I’m starting my biz in the spring and needed to get this done.

Some of the variables, which will affect pricing, include: size, quantity, logo or just lettering, # of colors used. A couple of things that I have learned: 1) you can make a nice enough sign without a logo by simply using a nicer font style, that is, fancy writing, and 2) your sign will have a background that does not count as a color, white. So if you find a deal on a 2 color sign, then you can actually make it 3 colors by letting them fill in the negative space with white.

Also, I too try to shop local before I look to the internet, but it sounds like your local sign guy simply does not have what you need. I wouldn’t feel bad about that.

As I find out more I’ll let you know.

echeandia
11-24-2007, 12:39 AM
I used Accent Graphics (http://accentgraphics.stores.yahoo.net/magneticsigns.html). They have an online tool that lets you layout a sign. They did a really nice job and I would use them again.

shane mapes
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
If I Were You I Would Look Around By Your Place. You Said The Place Close To You Wouldn't Do What You Need So Look Around A Little Further. When You Order Online You Can't See Everything You Need To So If I Were You Just Spend Some Time Looking Threw The Yellow Pages Or Ask Around Town...

YardBoss Lawncare
11-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check out the online company that lets you layout your own.

2007 Dodge 2500HD 4x4 w/Cummins
2007 20' tandem utility w/landscape tailgate
2007 Bad Boy "lightning" 60" w/liquid 26 hp Kawi
2005 Grasshopper front mount 72" w/22 hp Kubota diesel (722D model)
2007 Lawnboy 21"
Echo Handheld Trimmer
Troybuilt Handheld Edger
Husquavarna Backpack blower
WeedEater Hedge Trimmers
2 Poulan 16" chainsaws
225 Gallon Spray rig mounted on a 5'x8' utility