PDA

View Full Version : Bidding leaf clean-ups

1949chev34
11-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Hello. I am new guy here at the forum. I have had an interest in lawn care for a while but since im only 16 and getting my license soon i think im going start a business up. Me and my brother have been plowing moble home driveways for 4 years and now i am going to start with this. Anyway what i really want to ask is, i did a leaf job today with me and my brother and a Simplicity sunstar mower with a trac vac leaf loader for the simplicty, and a brand new br600 stihl backpack blower my father bought for me. My bother and I spent 5 and a half hours on the job because there were many obstacles and the leaf weren't done for nearly 5 years. the leaves were dumped on the sit since there was no need to haul them away. What would you charge for this job? sorry about all the writing but i figured i would introduce myself. please let me know, thanks alot, mike

advantage landscaping
11-24-2007, 01:21 AM
I am 17. Um it would depend on a few things. I would do this:

Find what it cost you to run your equipment, buy it, and maintain it. This is your overhead. This is the money that you "make" in the first place, but will need to depend on to buy fuel, parts, etc....

Take that for the day. And then figure out what you and your brother want to make per hour. Say $40 cause you're new. I would then say that you can bill them:

5.5(40) - For You
5.5(40) - For Him (Or give him $30/hr and dont tell him you bill for $40)
Overhead.

Add those up and there you go.

Dunlaps LawnCare
11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
$30 a hour and depending on if i have to haul them away and how far

Dunlaps LawnCare
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
$30 a hour and depend on how far i have to haul them away

DBL
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
do a quick search theres a few threads on this...but we usually get $160/hour for our 4 man crew + removal which is about $50 give or take

paul vroom
11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Bidding leaf jobs was the hardest thing for me to get used to. Ex: My truck hold about 7-8 yards, I did a job yesterday which was a load and a half in four hours. That was with tough access from the back yard. Today I did a job that was a half truck load but the back yard had about 130 feet of beds filled with shrubs full of leaves. It took 5 hours for two of use and a half a truck load. The important thing for you to remember 1949chev34 is learn from your mistakes. I am making a lot more money this year compared to last. Good Luck