PDA

View Full Version : aerating and seeding

timmac
11-25-2007, 11:36 AM
I aerated and seeded a yard about 3 weeks ago ( turf type fescue). only a little sign of the grass is coming up. would it help if I aerated it again or would it hurt anything, without seeding again?

Daner
11-25-2007, 12:53 PM
I aerated and seeded a yard about 3 weeks ago ( turf type fescue). only a little sign of the grass is coming up. would it help if I aerated it again or would it hurt anything, without seeding again?

Was there enough rain?...or did you water enough...enough seed...there are so many variables...Maybe the birds got to the seed as well.

If I were to re/Aerate again...I would lay down more seed as well....because It will hurt some new growth thats is taking place.

dcgreenspro
11-25-2007, 01:07 PM
9 times out of 10 it has to do with lack of water. Did you also hit it w/ starter fert? It's about time to hit it again with some more. Water, water, water. Let it go and hit it with whatever you use for winterizing after that. You'll see some new grass later this year and pronanly next year. You also have to remember that tttf takes a couple of weeks to even germinate.

timmac
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
what type of fertilizer is best for seeding? we have been getting alot of rain here the last 3 weeks.

J&R Landscaping
11-26-2007, 08:51 AM
What has the weather been like as far s temps go? On some of the yards I aerated, the cold spell came a few days later. The seed should be dormant and will work itself in for next spring I think.