PDA

View Full Version : 1967 C10 1 ton dually

lawnpro724
11-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I have the chance to place a sealed bid on a 1967 C10 1 Ton dually w/dump bed with side rails. The truck has 34,000 miles and is in good condition for its age it has no rust and the interior is in good shape with no tears. I was wandering what this truck would be worth. Thanks for the replies.

topsites
11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Older odometers didn't have figures to accomodate past the 100k mile marker, they just rolled over.
How do you know it's 34k miles, you sure it's not (7)34k?

It's too old to have a Blue book value, anything much past 19-20 years old it just depends on too many factors, more than likely almost a collector's item. There's just no telling but the auction should allow you to start it, they won't let you drive it but you can start it and at least 'check' the gears (while holding the brake) to see if they engage, and hear it run, maybe rev it a little bit and check lights and horn and wipers etc...

Before you do make sure it's got oil in it, and check the condition of all the other fluids as well.

Now if you can't start it or it won't start, what does that tell you?
Not sure what you intend to do with it but steel does age, I'm not sure I'd want something this old to do work with...
I bought a 1974 F-250 as my first truck, it was 28 years old thou it had 400+k miles on it but it was scary to drive.
I know someone else bought some ancient work truck like this (a boom / bucket truck), and it is also very scary to drive.
The bearings and steering and suspension and brakes are so worn out, the tires don't even roll straight...
Everything else is as bad, the engine's hardly got any compression but it's likely still at least 400cid so it sucks FUEL!
Then it burns inefficiently, you can literally smell the unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust, the tranny is just as sketchy.

Just my take on things, if I absolutely could not resist then I would place a bid that I would not regret later if I won.
So, not a whole lot?

lawnpro724
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
It's too old to have a Blue book value, anything much past 19-20 years old it just depends on too many factors, more than likely almost a collector's item. There's just no telling but the auction should allow you to start it, they won't let you drive it but you can start it and at least 'check' the gears (while holding the brake) to see if they engage, and hear it run, maybe rev it a little bit and check lights and horn and wipers etc...

Before you do make sure it's got oil in it, and check the condition of all the other fluids as well.
Older odometers didn't have figures to accomodate past the 100k mile marker, they just rolled over.
How do you know it's 34k miles, you sure it's not (7)34k?

Now if you can't start it or it won't start, what does that tell you?
Not sure what you intend to do with it but steel does age, I'm not sure I'd want something this old to do work with...
I bought a 1974 F-250 as my first truck, it was 28 years old thou it had 400+k miles on it but it was scary to drive.
I know someone else bought some ancient work truck like this (a boom / bucket truck), and it is also very scary to drive.
The bearings and steering and brakes are so worn out, the tires don't even roll straight...

Just my take on things, if I absolutely could not resist then I would place a bid that I would not regret later if I won.
So, not a whole lot?

This Truck was purchased new back in 1967 by our local hospital and has been used by them since then for various work around the hospital. The truck has been maintained on a regular schedule by their department. Everything works fine and the suspension is solid. They use it on a regular basis every year. This year they got a new grant to upgrade their old equipment so there buying a new truck for the hospital and selling their old one. This is a silent auction that the hospital board is having for the equipment their getting rid of. I was thinking somewhere around $800

Mowingman
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
That sounds like a reasonable price if it runs, drives, and stops.

FearThisDeere
11-25-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree. Go for it. Sounds like a pretty decent truck.

PAPS Landscape Design
11-25-2007, 05:24 PM
the truck is 40 (forty) years old what do you think its worth?? its worth about 30 cents.

JimmyStew
11-25-2007, 05:56 PM
the truck is 40 (forty) years old what do you think its worth?? its worth about 30 cents.

It may not be worth much in actual dollars, but I'd love to have an old truck like that to spruce up and paint the company logo on for light duty use!

lawnpro724
11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
It may not be worth much in actual dollars, but I'd love to have an old truck like that to spruce up and paint the company logo on for light duty use!

I was thinking about bidding $800 in a sealed bid. The truck was purchased new in 67 by our local hospital and has been used and maintained by then ever since. The truck has no rust and the interior is in very good condition considering its age. The truck has 34,000 original miles and everything works on the truck including the dump bed which also has side rails. This is not going to be an everyday truck, just in need of a solid heavy duty truck w/ dump bed that will see limited use on certain jobs and fall cleanups. The dump bed will make unloading leaves a lot easier and the loader will hook right up to the back of the truck, all that will need to be done is to put a tarp over the top.

G.M.Landscaping
11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Any way to get some pics of it?

paolaken
11-25-2007, 07:05 PM
if the truck is in that good of shape and everything works, i don't think $800 is out of line. i love those late 60's trucks. i have a 89 1ton dump that i do the same with that you want. it sits most of the time but when i need a dump bed, it is very handy.

Pro-Scapes
11-26-2007, 10:17 AM
I bet being that much of a classic it will go for more than 800 if all runs. I would love to have that and paint it like new then logo it up. Would definatly catch some attention.

LindblomRJ
11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Go for it. It might go for more than that too. If a collector gets wind of something like that it might for for a lot more than $800.

It sounds like a great find.

Runner
11-28-2007, 04:09 AM
It would be a nice truck if the body is in good shape. I have '77 dually stake that I did a ground up restoration on, and I love it. the thing that confuses me about this truck you are looking at, is that you said a C10 1 ton dually. There actually was no such thing. The 1 tons even then were C10 series. The 4wd were K series.

GradeMan
11-28-2007, 10:33 AM
It would make a nice christmas parade truck for the buz,

ZX12R
11-28-2007, 09:13 PM
"the truck is 40 (forty) years old what do you think its worth?? its worth about 30 cents."

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!