PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do?

cat2
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Ok I got my lincoln 12 volt grease gun. It said to leave it on the charger for 12 hours. I put it on for a few hours and the green light came on so i used it to grease 17 grease zerks. Now that i'm reading the book that came with it. It said it leave it on for 12 hours before use. it also said recharging the battery before it is about dead will reduce the total work life of the pack. So should I put it back on the charger overnight or run it down and then charge it overnight? i don't want to wreck this battery.

dozerman21
11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
You should've charged it the full 12 hours before using it for the first time, but since it's too late, I would charge the battery for 12 hours before using again. Since you didn't use it too much, hopefully it won't make a difference.

If I were you I would buy an additional battery to use with your gun. It's nice to have a fresh back up when the first battery needs charged. You can leave the extra battery on the charger when you're not using it. The charger goes to trickle mode when the battery is at full strength to keep it fresh. I bought my Lincoln 12V 4 or 5 years ago, and I'm still on the original gun, charger, and 2 batteries... and I use it daily.:cool:

cat2
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I used about 1/2 tube of grease

bobcat_ron
11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
The batteries need to be fully charged or they loose their "memory", that's assuming the batteries are Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cads), Nickel Metal (Ni-Mh) still need to be fully charged or they peak out too early and loose the charge.

cat2
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
There I put the battery back on the charger. I will leave it on there for 15 hours and hope it will be ok.:confused:

cat2
11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
OK had it on for 20 hours, should I take it off now:confused: