PDA

View Full Version : Land Clearing

MFS
11-26-2007, 01:10 AM
HI I would just like to get someone elses estimate on this. I have put in a bid to clear 5.5 acers of land in Ga and I want to know how much the going price is to do this. There are not trees and the land it is only stumps and brush. Please help

coopers
11-26-2007, 03:29 AM
You put in a bid meaning you are the one that will clear the land for a customer? Figure out the cost of running your equipment and what will be done with whatever is cleared, figure in any trucking and materials brought in or out and go from there...I think around here a 120 excavator goes for $110/hr or something like that.

Blake
WA

AWJ Services
11-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Depends on what you will do with the debris, but a 953 wil get around 100 an hour.
I would guess around 1000 to 2000 an acre.

RockSet N' Grade
11-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Bid generous on the trucking side. It always seems trucking costs more than you figured. Trucking adds up real fast and furious and can sink you on a job in a heart beat.......If you have dump fees, be generous there too.

Construct'O
11-26-2007, 08:39 AM
HI I would just like to get someone elses estimate on this. I have put in a bid to clear 5.5 acers of land in Ga and I want to know how much the going price is to do this. There are not trees and the land it is only stumps and brush. Please help

First thing i noticed you have Leeville,La for your location and your job is in Ga. ????? Care to fill us in why you would want to bid on a 5.5 acre clearing job that far away?:usflag:

AWJ Services
11-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Some areas here you can burn the inert debris.
Most just have a tub grinder come in and take care of it that way.
A 30 yard can will run you around 275 for inert stuff.
You can get a reduced rate on cans for large jobs.
I the area is being prepped for deveolpment then that will add greatly too expenses.
Dump trucks here will run around 65 an hour.

Sunscaper
11-26-2007, 05:45 PM
When I clear I mulch first than remove any larger trees, stumps, etc. This seems to be the most economical way for me to clear land. I mulch 80x125 lots for $800.00.

mikecaldwell1204
11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
First thing i noticed you have Leeville,La for your location and your job is in Ga. ????? Care to fill us in why you would want to bid on a 5.5 acre clearing job that far away?:usflag:

Because he saw the price on constructiondeal.com and thinks it a way to make a qucik buck but doesn't realize 45 other guys have already bid the job at 1500 for 5 acres.

MFS
11-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Because he saw the price on constructiondeal.com and thinks it a way to make a qucik buck but doesn't realize 45 other guys have already bid the job at 1500 for 5 acres.

well to let you know there mikecaldwell1204 if you bid on the job and didnt get it then do be mad at me its called a business and if you are paying for the service and getting jobs in that area how you making money. and also if they priced it for 1500 for 5 acers then they arent making any money

AWJ Services
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
I went on Costruction deal and the people want a horse pasture.
It will take considerable surface prep after the stumps are gone.
It will be tough to do it correctly for less than 2500 an acre.
Mulching will be a no no because there will be no place too put the mulch when done except haul it off.
At least 3 cans an acre.
You will have too install silt fence as well.The law requires it but you may not get caught.
Also depending on the truck entrance too the property you may have too install a gravel drive and maybe a culvert pipe.

Good luck on who ever bids it for 1500 dollars.:)

SiteSolutions
11-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Do you guys get much use out of that website? I have never tried it myself but am always ready to hear about new ways to find work...

mikecaldwell1204
11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Down here I wouldn't recommend using it. I liken it to servicemagic.com. Most of the people have already called everyone out of the phone book and are looking for someone to do the job way cheaper then it could actually be done. I do not know how some guys stay in business down here. Perhaps its different in other areas but I definitely wouldn't use it in Florida.

coopers
11-28-2007, 12:55 AM
I've never heard of constructiondeal.com. That's interesting way to find someone. How do you see what jobs people have and want done?

Blake
WA