PDA

View Full Version : Bed Edging

GrassHoppers Lawn
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I have a client who wants all mulch beds done with an edger machine. I plan on renting one and I need to know how much to charge. Charge by the foot, hour,etc.:cool2:

tamadrummer
11-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Time and materials. You have to know how long it will take you to do it and then figure out the cost to rent a bed edger and buy the mulch and also figure the disposal of all of the waste from the beds.

Unless you have a burn pit, that will cost you. If you charge by the foot you will lose your shirt unless you are charging like $100/ft or more and no one in their right mind will go for that.

You need to bid a straight hours and materials price and hope you aren't under but if this is your first, you probably will be....(I am brand new at this too and I lose left and right but I am getting faster at the non-mowing stuff)

Good Luck
Brian

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-26-2007, 08:31 PM
you doing the mulching to ?? or just cutting a new edge ?

steve5966
11-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Here where the ground is hard clay, it may take a couple of minutes to edge five feet. It may not sound like long, but if your operating the edger it's an eternity.

EJD Lawnpride
11-26-2007, 09:35 PM
How many linear feet is there?

GrassHoppers Lawn
12-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Time and materials. You have to know how long it will take you to do it and then figure out the cost to rent a bed edger and buy the mulch and also figure the disposal of all of the waste from the beds.

Unless you have a burn pit, that will cost you. If you charge by the foot you will lose your shirt unless you are charging like $100/ft or more and no one in their right mind will go for that.

You need to bid a straight hours and materials price and hope you aren't under but if this is your first, you probably will be....(I am brand new at this too and I lose left and right but I am getting faster at the non-mowing stuff)

Good Luck
Brian

I have 200ft. to edge and i will need to rent the edger. I will be mulching later. I feel that hourly is a good option with rental fees tacked on..THANKS

:usflag:

GrassHoppers Lawn
12-04-2007, 08:37 AM
you doing the mulching to ?? or just cutting a new edge ?

I will be mulching later...

clallen03
12-06-2007, 09:17 AM
We charge .60 per linear foot plus rental fee, only if conditions are ideal. We can rent a bed edger for around $40 for 4 hours but we always charge the client for a full day $70, you never know what you might run into.

200 feet X .60 = $120 + $70 rental fee = $190

Not bad for less then 2 hours worth of work.

Hope this helps