PDA

View Full Version : D Max Injectors

Mini man
11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
:canadaflag:I thought these were covered to 200 Miles?
My 03 with 193 KM on it is running rough ....little more smoke and increased fuel consumption.
I am taking it in for a look tommorrow to the GM ( Canada ) dealer tommorrow but they said on the phone that they will access the injectors and they may not be covered by warranty!
I thought that this was a given ?

IA_James
11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Depends on if you've screwed around with chips and stuff like that. If you've added an aftermarket air cleaner, or anything that didn't come with the truck, take it off. Those injectors are spendy, and I would look for them to do just about anything to get out of buying you new sticks, including the dreaded "Unable to duplicate problem".

Mini man
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I do have the Edge installed

IA_James
11-27-2007, 07:28 PM
You'll want to un-install it, and never mention it again. If you're lucky they might not spot the traces that it leaves in your computer.

TXNSLighting
11-27-2007, 09:36 PM
if they want to they can check for that programmer so yeh... just beware, if its not under warranty dont let the dealer fix it.

TXNSLighting
11-27-2007, 09:37 PM
You'll want to un-install it, and never mention it again. If you're lucky they might not spot the traces that it leaves in your computer.

and on your pistons!

IA_James
11-27-2007, 09:40 PM
and on your pistons!

If they are wanting to dig that deep, there too. Hopefully they won't though.

Mini man
11-27-2007, 09:49 PM
So basicaly I am screwed?

IA_James
11-27-2007, 10:23 PM
So basicaly I am screwed?

If you go in there and run your mouth about the Edge box, for sure. You might be anyway. If you keep your mouth shut, and if asked swear up and down that you changed your fuel filters just like the book said to, etc etc, you might get a new set of sticks out of it. Or you might not, they aren't cheap and if they think your Edge pressure box is what killed 'em (by the way, it at least helped), they'll deny your warranty claim for the injectors.

TXNSLighting
11-29-2007, 10:18 AM
If they are wanting to dig that deep, there too. Hopefully they won't though.

youd be suprised how many dealers go that far...

IA_James
11-29-2007, 01:33 PM
youd be suprised how many dealers go that far...

Those sticks are expensive. GM is hurting financially. Can't blame 'em for not wanting to pay up for parts that were fine until sombody decided to make their 7000 lb. truck a race car.

MOWALLTHETIME
11-29-2007, 05:58 PM
My dealer in Tennessee is hard on diesel guys and they check for anything that is not factory and they have been known to deny claims for injectors due to improper service and even saw a lifted truck denied because the warranty is voided if truck is not in factory condition. By the way we have several hotrod shops who pump up diesels and they have a race league for those guys. I have not personally seen a diesel truck with an aftermarket program not have problems some where down the road. my employees f250 did not make it 60000 miles before the turbo and heads where shot and he tried to get warranty to fix it but they denied it. he drove it like he stole it and now he is paying two notes one for the truck and one for the repair work. it is funny he drives a lot easier now. I do not understand why people try to hot rod diesel trucks that they use for work and to get around in. I have a 2500 duramax and it has plenty of power and I have never felt like it is underpowered even when pulling my tractor. I have added new tires and thats about it.

dozerman21
11-29-2007, 07:51 PM

Don't forget to take out the pyrometer that's should be tapped into your exhaust manifold, assuming that you have that hooked up. You should if you don't. Get a cap plug and put in it's place after you take the tap out. Otherwise, it will whistle when you rev the engine. Hopefully they won't check there too. Good luck!:usflag:

TXNSLighting
11-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Those sticks are expensive. GM is hurting financially. Can't blame 'em for not wanting to pay up for parts that were fine until sombody decided to make their 7000 lb. truck a race car.

ha!! thats for sure!

Mini man
11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
LOL
Dealer ordered the new injectors today,,,NO COST TO ME!
I did not even take the Edge off the truck

IA_James
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
LOL

Keep your mouth shut, they're not in the truck yet.:)

dozerman21
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
LOL

Good to see our advice paid off!:rolleyes:

Travel'n Trees
12-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Carb numbers guys unless they can prove a product caused a problem sema helped us get carb numbers for after market parts. Ford voided my warranty once for planning on putting in a K+N I hadn't done it yet though. Turned them in they lost.

TXNSLighting
12-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Carb numbers guys unless they can prove a product caused a problem sema helped us get carb numbers for after market parts. Ford voided my warranty once for planning on putting in a K+N I hadn't done it yet though. Turned them in they lost.

not you again...

Mini man
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
whats carb numbers?

TXNSLighting
12-04-2007, 04:37 PM
dont listen to him mini man. just ignore the guy.

CFLS
12-04-2007, 10:38 PM
The Edge doesn't leave a trace of anything in the electronics. It's not a programmer, it simply "fools" the engine electronics into doing things. These trucks go through injectors no matter what you put on them or how you drive them, thats why they are under warranty twice as long as the motor. Knock on wood, mine are still ok at 115k.