PDA

View Full Version : Best cargo trailer brand ??

wayside
11-27-2007, 11:55 PM
im looking to get a new 8x16 next year so my mind is not set on a brand yet i been looking at wells cargo & pace any more would help.. also to me frame work is most important + body style let me know what you guys think thanx!!

BlackCloudDiesel
11-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Wells Cargo, all the way. A little bit more expensive, but VERY well built and they hold their value quite well. The dealer appraised my 18' for 7,500 which I paid 8k for two years earlier, I just want a bigger one. They are the company that started making enclosed cargo trailers back in the day.

With a Wells Cargo behind you, you never need to look back. Since 1954.

Mowbizz
11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
I have a ProLine motorcycle trailer...it's all aluminum frame...very light but built very well. Here's a link to the trailer guy I bought it from and you can see some of the contractor's trailers on his website. Mine is the black and orange "harley" theme 7x14 on his site. They're made in Maine, but I'm not sure how big their dealer network is.

http://www.thetrailerguynh.com/default.htm

grassmanak
11-28-2007, 07:28 AM
look at aluma trailers, id guess that size will be 10K though

zedosix
11-28-2007, 09:00 AM
I've done alot of research on cargo trailers and have purchased three different trailers over the years from united expressline. By far the better of the bunch. Make sure you get upgraded axles if you will be putting heavy loads. They make a model called uxt which has 16" studs floor, walls, and ceiling. You can't go wrong. I paid 8300 for a 16' x 8' v nose uxt with upgraded axles. They have a rating of 5,200 lbs per axle.

wayside
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
sounds good guys keep the info coming i have a south west 7x 14 now and the frame is crap to me but for its age it is doing good... but i was looking at the wellcargo the landscape package and they wanted almost 9000 thats a lot of crash... the other one i looked at was pace summit and that looks like it is built well... the last trailer brand i can come up with that is good is united but these trailers look the same as my southwest just a lil different..

post some links with real pic's from dealer's thanx everyone...

QuadRacer041
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
i had a haulmark for 7 years that i used for my equipment and have a wells cargo i use for racing. i just sold the haulmark and bought another wells cargo. in my opinion it is a better quality trailer. they do cost alittle more but worth it. the haulmark was a good trailer but the prices of haulmarks have risen to close to the wells and not worth what they go for now a days.

wayside
11-28-2007, 11:33 PM
i had a haulmark for 7 years that i used for my equipment and have a wells cargo i use for racing. i just sold the haulmark and bought another wells cargo. in my opinion it is a better quality trailer. they do cost alittle more but worth it. the haulmark was a good trailer but the prices of haulmarks have risen to close to the wells and not worth what they go for now a days.

ic thanx man ...that's more and more ppl for wells ...