PDA

View Full Version : New Blade for Dozers

bobcat_ron
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I kinda like the idea, adds more weight to an already light weight dozer and increases your blade's volume:

http://www.rockitpowerblade.com/pdf/RKT_Brochure.pdf

http://www.rockitpowerblade.com/products.php

It's about time though.

Gravel Rat
11-28-2007, 01:53 PM
It looks expensive are you really going to get that much more production with it. You have allot of extra wear items that will cost money down the road. Maybe the guys that use dozers more have any comments on it. Using a dozer on a job site in areas like mine stopped back in the late 60s and 70s.

Dirt Digger2
11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
more things to go wrong and break...it is a good idea but how much extra productivity can come out of it?

GradeMan
11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I think someone stole the snow blade idea!!!!!!!!!!! Come on think what a
D5G would do to that, I live in rock country, were every contractor has a hammer, I don't think it would stand up. I know of a few contractors tho who have built wings\extensions for the bade but they mostly do asphalt prep, spreading 3\4 minus around. Just my 2 cents.

I bet that would be one pricy opion

Dirt Digger2
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
blizzard plows and rockit were owned by the same company until blizzard sold out...i dont know who owns rockit now

OhioMowerGuy
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
why dont they make a model 9612 in a blizzard snowplow? They got a 8611 in a dozerblade and a snowblade. That would be awesome for a 4x4 5500 or a 6500

dozerman21
11-28-2007, 09:27 PM
It's not a bad idea in concept, but I don't think it would work well in real world applications. OEM blades are engineered and sized to fit the size and weight of a machine. A machine will only be able to have X amount of tractive effort and blade capacity to match the weight of the machine. The heavier the dozer, the more it generally pushes, and the manufacturers design a blade to fit.

That blade wouldn't work for me. I don't think it would cut swales good, and I doubt it would hold up over time. I think cutting hard ground at an angle would tear it up. It could also cause extra stress to the internal parts of the dozer itself. The only real advantage I can see is if someone was moving loose, bulk dirt a lot. As long as it wasn't heavy, like dry topsoil, it might work well. Most guys though use finish dozers for an all around machine that is versatile. If you're moving soft material that much, that far, you should probably be doing it with a loader. Otherwise, you're wasting track life when a wheeled machine could do the job more efficient.

GravelyNut
11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
It's not a bad idea in concept, but I don't think it would work well in real world applications. OEM blades are engineered and sized to fit the size and weight of a machine. A machine will only be able to have X amount of tractive effort and blade capacity to match the weight of the machine. The heavier the dozer, the more it generally pushes, and the manufacturers design a blade to fit.

That blade wouldn't work for me. I don't think it would cut swales good, and I doubt it would hold up over time. I think cutting hard ground at an angle would tear it up. It could also cause extra stress to the internal parts of the dozer itself. The only real advantage I can see is if someone was moving loose, bulk dirt a lot. As long as it wasn't heavy, like dry topsoil, it might work well. Most guys though use finish dozers for an all around machine that is versatile. If you're moving soft material that much, that far, you should probably be doing it with a loader. Otherwise, you're wasting track life when a wheeled machine could do the job more efficient.
Down here it would only work for ground that had already been broken up by a D-9 and a 24" carbide toothed rock plow. One of the local farmers got tired of using the dozers for that type of plowing and tried a rock plow on the back of a Huge MF 4WD tractor. That lasted one season. You need the weight of the bigger dozers to moved this stuff.

GradeMan
11-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Well said dozerman!!!! Just another christmas gift for the guy who has everything!!!