PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for maintaining and servicing a small fleet of vehicles

Rdizzle79
11-28-2007, 03:42 PM
It has been put in my lap to make sure that all the vehicles in our company stay maintained. We have three divisions which are Design, Installation, and Maintenance. I run the Maintenance Division which only has a 1500 GMC and a box truck. The other divisions have a GMC 5500 GMC 2500 a Ford Ranger and a Ford F-350. That leaves me in charge of maintaining 6 trucks. It would be easy if it was my only job but I have a million things going on and with so little vehicles there is no room for down time on any of them to be in the shop for service and our crews don't have the time to do it themselve. It also doesn't help that most of the office people go 10k before changing the oil in their personal vehicles

What are my Options? Does any one know?

Lovbcstiller
11-29-2007, 08:28 PM
First I would do is to set up a board with your trucks on it. Then I would have the last driver of the day to record the mileage on the board. Then when its service time take it in to the shop. Look at my attachment. This is how I do it.

brownsallseasonlandscape
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
We do something that really pays off. We take two guys each monday morning to do truck inspections. We check everything from headlights, turn, stop to oil and tires. DOT hits us hard they know where we buy are mulch and where we dump our leaves the are always watching:dizzy: