PDA

View Full Version : ctl tracks

P.Services
11-28-2007, 08:41 PM
what do you guys think of these?? attachm.com can someone make a link to that for me i dont know how.

Scag48
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.attachm.com

Skid Steer Solutions sells them, they appear to be the same product. They're $50 a piece from SSS.

http://www.skidsteersolutions.com

bobcat_ron
11-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Saw those before, neat idea, gotta be a rough ride on hard ground.

IMHO, if you need those to get the job done due to extreme muck, you might wanna consider using an excavator or wait until conditions improve.

Dirt Digger2
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Saw those before, neat idea, gotta be a rough ride on hard ground.

IMHO, if you need those to get the job done due to extreme muck, you might wanna consider using an excavator or wait until conditions improve.

agreed...the more muck and heavy mud you run in the more you have to clean the tracks and the more wear and tear you have on your idlers and rollers

RipT
11-28-2007, 11:15 PM
I saw these last summer and they seem like they would really add a lot of traction. Also looks like they are currently only made to fit 12" & 18" Bobcat tracks, although they may fit some others. Some machines may not have enough clearence to run them either.

Looked to see if they would fit a CAT 287, but track profile looks too different and also clearence in upper rear area.

The pictures of the individual cleats are the production forged-type, while many of the videos and other action shots look like a prototype. Need 14 to 18 cleats/per track. Looks like a good solution for some folks and situations.

P.Services
11-28-2007, 11:19 PM
i currently have a guy getting me the price to put single grouser steel tracks on a ct332, the steel tracks are made by supertrak. i think they will hold up to some real abuse and provide a lot of added traction.

GradeMan
11-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I agree with bobcat ron, Wait until things dry up, Wading that much mud is some hard on skids.

Dirt Digger2
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
i currently have a guy getting me the price to put single grouser steel tracks on a ct332, the steel tracks are made by supertrak. i think they will hold up to some real abuse and provide a lot of added traction.

what kind of work are you doing?...in my personal experience single grousers do more harm then good, but if you are into forestry then it is the way to go

Scag48
11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
The supertrak single grousers were designed for forestry work, I doubt that they offer triple or even double grouser pads. However, I think it's interesting that steel tracks are becoming more popular on select CTLS.

Gravel Rat
11-29-2007, 04:54 PM
If you are going with steel tracks they would have to be triple bar grouser a single bar grouser would probably tear the under carriage right out of a CTL.

By the sounds of it you need a small fullsize trackloader or use a different way of doing the job.

P.Services
11-29-2007, 10:16 PM
i would like to have them so i could swap between the rubber and the steel. even triple grousers would work good. and yes forestry is what they will get used for the rubber ones get cut up so fast.