PDA

View Full Version : GRINCHES stealing LIVE conifers from yards for Christmas Trees!

Marcos
11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I got a call this afternoon from a lady who wants me to temporarily uglyfy with " black tar " a bunch of the spruces and pines along the remote expanses of her property because she's afraid maybe they'll get cut off and stolen by low-life GRINCHES to use and / or sell as Christmas Trees!

I have heard that there was a product out there just for this.
Does anyone have any info about it?

Apparently, after asking around tonight, she's not just being paranoid!
Another guy I talked to tonight said that a house down the street from her had " a few " grafted blue spruces in a far corner of the property cut off and stolen last December !!

There's a special place in Hades :hammerhead: for people that do things like that...

Marcos
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
(nobody answered)

Oh well....no bother :confused:

I found a recipe for the following on tricountyfarm.org:

- 20 ounces of powdered lime
- 4 oz of 'Wilt Pruf'
- about 2 oz of any obnoxious food coloring (I used orange)

Mix this to 20 gallon of water and spray away!

I sprayed this woman's evergreen trees yesterday,
And while I was doing it, two other neighbors nearby stopped me and asked me to do it for them!

What a racket!....and a shame things have gone down this low on the moral scale!

Sweet Tater
11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
how could someone sit around a stolen Christmas tree celebrating the birth of Christ.

Marcos
12-01-2007, 08:50 AM
how could someone sit around a stolen Christmas tree celebrating the birth of Christ.

Real easy....if they didn't know it was stolen by some thief who sold it to them!

If I get out that way this weekend I'll get some pics of the trees I sprayed.
They look hilarious!
(I should have had the digital camera with me when I was spraying them, but my wife's afraid I'll bugger it up with all the 'dirty' stuff I do....y' know...she's right! ):laugh:

Sweet Tater
12-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Real easy....if they didn't know it was stolen by some thief who sold it to them!

If I get out that way this weekend I'll get some pics of the trees I sprayed.
They look hilarious!
(I should have had the digital camera with me when I was spraying them, but my wife's afraid I'll bugger it up with all the 'dirty' stuff I do....y' know...she's right! ):laugh:

Thats true. Still a very sad situation tho. Yup listin to da wife, she knows best (even when she's wrong) lol

Supper Grassy
12-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Lets see some pics

csl
12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
haha, we had this same thing happen at our campus in college (WSU, go cougs) so the staff would urinate in a bottle all day, the janitors would go around at night and spray all the trees. they smelled awful but stopped people from cutting them down. people are jerks, hands down, it sucks we have to do things like this to keep our own property

Sweet Tater
12-03-2007, 06:20 PM
eeewwww...