PDA

View Full Version : astronomical q

Mike M
11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
For Intermattic astronomical timer users:

Is it possible to set "SUNSET" on, with a fixed time off? As it appears to me, I can only use "SUNSET" if also using "SUNRISE." I realize I can re-define "SUNRISE" up to one or two of hours sooner (max), which is what I will settle for if I can't do my first inquiry.

Also, I don't know if this timer uses capacitors charged from the line voltage, or if the timer runs purely on the batteries. Either way, can anyone tell me an expected life on the batteries? I'm thinking I may need to swap annually within a service contract.

Thanks,

Mike M

Pro-Scapes
11-30-2007, 01:02 AM
ahhh you must have the intermatic 27 timer..

YEs you can have a preset time off..

Set ASTRO DAYS to all 7 days and your sunset on... then click i think its the next button and it will ask you to select astro days... skip that to event 1 and skip that to event 2 off... select all 7 days and then set your time off... I dont have one in my hands right now but if you need me to walk you thru it tmrw I will pm you a phone number.

Mike M
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Got it working, thanks Billy. I also figured out the upside down trick in the transformer.

Chris J
11-30-2007, 10:09 PM
ahhh you must have the intermatic 27 timer..

YEs you can have a preset time off..

Set ASTRO DAYS to all 7 days and your sunset on... then click i think its the next button and it will ask you to select astro days... skip that to event 1 and skip that to event 2 off... select all 7 days and then set your time off... I dont have one in my hands right now but if you need me to walk you thru it tmrw I will pm you a phone number.

Billy, how in the heck are you going to walk him through it by phone with your deafness? When I sent you the email the other day about coming to your area, I was going to ask for your phone #, but then had to re-think this idea. Do you have some kind of device that allows you to hear over the phone?
I gotta get to the bed/movie. Wife is getting pissed!

Chris J
11-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey Billy,
I was going to edit this because I didn't want you to think I was poking fun at your hearing, but it was too late for me to do it. I'm certain that you know I'm your friend, and that I would never stoop to this level, but I just want you to know that my question is based simply out of curiosity. I love you man!

Pro-Scapes
11-30-2007, 10:42 PM
geez chris... When you going to learn...READ THE WORDS!!!

I said I would PM him A phone number. NOT MY NUMBER.. i did and also explained my wife would be with me all day today and it was her number... I would be able to easily walk him thru setting up the timer thru her.

Once again I show my hearing disadvantage can be overcome with the power of my mind :) What was that movie with the line "life will find a way" ???? oh yeah jurrasic park... well Billy will also find a way. I get it done amigo no worries. Ask anyone who knows me... Nothing ever holds me back.

Chris J
11-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I hear ya Super Man! I put nothing past you bud. PM me your phone number in case we end up in you neighborhood nextweekend.

Mike M
12-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Chris, text on cell phone. Billy, do you keep a cell with you? Do you use a relay?

Pro-Scapes
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
yes phone... blackberry and a Sidekick with me 90% of the time. I use relay... text...instant messaging and fax for most of my communications.