PDA

View Full Version : vermeer s 600 tx problems

mak landscape
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
let me first start by saying that i think this is an incredable machine.(when it starts) i bought it nearly two years ago new and it started very hard and would not idle up for thr first thirty seconds to a minute when cold. last winter vermeer sent it to a kubota dealer and they replaced the injectors and it ran fine that winter and all summer. as soon as it got cold this year it started all over again. i have to glow it 4-5 times when under 30 degrees before it will start. vermeer has wrote me off because the motor has a two year warranty not the machine. any one had similar problems or have machine with no problems.

gene gls
11-29-2007, 11:38 PM
let me first start by saying that i think this is an incredable machine.(when it starts) i bought it nearly two years ago new and it started very hard and would not idle up for thr first thirty seconds to a minute when cold. last winter vermeer sent it to a kubota dealer and they replaced the injectors and it ran fine that winter and all summer. as soon as it got cold this year it started all over again. i have to glow it 4-5 times when under 30 degrees before it will start. vermeer has wrote me off because the motor has a two year warranty not the machine. any one had similar problems or have machine with no problems.

I had a Walker mower with a Kabota diesel engin that had the same problem. I kept it in my garage and had to put a 150 watt spot light on top of the engin to warm it up for about an hour before I wanted to start it, if the temp was below 40 deg. Started right up once the engin was warm, had to leave it run all day if it was a cold day on the job.

RockSet N' Grade
11-30-2007, 12:34 AM
some type of engine heater should solve that problem....

Steiner
11-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Diesel right? Saw the same problems when on the farm and with my own tractor. Glow plugs are burned out. Should only hold them on for about 10 seconds and they should develop sufficient heat. Any longer than that and they are deteriorated and or damage themselves.

Scag48
11-30-2007, 05:06 AM
We have a Kubota tractor that is 25+ years old with a 27HP diesel. We plow snow with it, don't keep it in a heated shop at all. If the battery is in good condition, we run the plugs for about a minute or two and she fires right up. We probably should replace the plugs, I'm sure they're far from as good as they could be, but whatever. Runs rough for a little bit, especially if it's below 15 degrees or so, but she'll start. It's been my experience that Kubota diesels start hard in the cold, but I've never seen any problem with the hard starts, been doing it this way for years and she's still going with 5,000 hours on her. Our tractor would cough and cough at 5 degrees for about 20-30 seconds, but she's golden after that. We have a '96 L3410 that is the same way.