PDA

View Full Version : come here to reset my timer/s GFI's

pete scalia
11-29-2007, 10:23 PM
What's your policy on this .
Invoice service call rate for it?
If Free for how long after system has been installed?

Thank you for sharing your policy

Pro-Scapes
11-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Are they under maint contract ?

Why did the GFCI trip ?

If they are under maint contract you should be keeping thier timer programmed. If they want it changed to a different time thats a different story.

I include 3 schedualed visits plus 2 floating service calls... I got called out to a client under maint plan last week and they stated thier lights didnt come on.... I went out there and there was no problem found...drove back by that evening and sure enough lights on. They burned a floating service call for that.

The Lighting Geek
11-30-2007, 02:10 AM
I am always preframing my clients about the service calls. They know I am very busy and I set expectations. If I go out and find it is our fault it is free. If it is caused by other things out of our control, I tell them the first time, charge them the second and thereafter. If there is mileage involved I just tell them before I go and charge them the first time if it is not our fault. It is about the customer service long after the sale. I have only charged one customer in the last 2 years. I use it as opportunity to get more business. We all ge that customer that pushes the limits there, but all in all,

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
I serve a very large geographic area with a relatively small, seasonal population. So, driving times are typically long. (most of my clients are located 50 to 60 mins drive away from my shop - one way)

As a result I have developed a 'co-operative' approach to small service calls.

If the client can be patient, then I will drop in the next time I am in their area and deal with the issue for no charge.

If the client requests/demands immediate service (and the call is not a warranty issue) then I will charge a Service Call fee (I have three tiers depending on distance travelled) plus materials plus labour on site plus applicable taxes.

This choice empowers my clients, and justifying the true cost of a service call is never an issue. Does changing a single 921X Wedge base lamp sometimes cost $90? You bet it does.

Chris J
11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
My installations carry a one year warranty which covers everything "no matter what" and it also doesn't matter how many times I have to go back. If they chose to renew the service agreement, they are covered again under the same conditions. I sometimes wonder if my service program is a bit too liberal, but this is our claim to fame. We provide our customers with "extreme customer service" which gives me the ability to tell people that we are only expensive to people who have not hired us. If the HO is not our customer, or they are and did not renew their contract, the fee is $80 per man hour plus materials with a one hour minimum. I have no problem charging $80-$150 to reset a circuit breaker because, as James stated, most of my customers are a 50 mile drive one way. If the homeowner can't figure this out on their own, they should have purchased the service agreement or hired my company to do the installation in the first place.