PDA

View Full Version : need creative help on a ramp setup

schunklawn
11-29-2007, 11:59 PM
hey guys, I am trying to make a ramp from my trailer to the bed of my truck. I am going to put my 48" scag in the back of the bed and then put my riding mower and cyclone rake setup on the trailer. I have nice thick wood and some ramp brackets, but i cannot think of a very efficient way of doing this the right way. any creative thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have a better leaf setup once i can get my scag in there with some gator blades. thanks, Donnie:usflag:

mojob
11-30-2007, 12:31 AM
That looks like one of Mikey's drawings from OCC. Just kidding. Why don't you make a ramp that is attached to the trailer's floor with a hinge. It would be in the up position while traveling and lower it down to the truck's tailgate to load your mower. It looks like it will need a slight angle in the ramp to line up with the truck.

verant
11-30-2007, 12:34 AM
how about getting those ramps made for atv's. i'm sure it would work to have them rest on the bed of ur trailer and then attach to your tailgate. go to a atv dealer and check them out and see how they would work

schunklawn
11-30-2007, 12:42 AM
lol...i'm by no means an artist...i'll try to get some real pics of my situation tomorrow...i really appreciate the ideas so far...has anyone ever had a setup like this...??...i think it will be big improvement for my leaf clean ups. I am going to mulch most of the leaves down and then run over the mulched leaves with the cyclone rake and vac the thick spots and clean it up really nice...

mosmgras
12-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Keep in mind that you'll have a hard time getting a mower to break over much more than a 15 degree angle without the deck dragging.

green_mark
12-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Look at our ramps at www.handyramp.com

The ramps for pickup's will fold down in two pieces and has an adjustable center leg that can go down on your hitch and once you get your angle correct you can weld or bolt on a stop where that leg can rest on.

SKAPES
12-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Cut an 8'-10'

2x6 in half and fasten oversize hinge in the middle be careful to use correct bolts.

New Heights
12-11-2007, 12:03 AM
I have been looking at this for a wile and finaly came up with an idea. Cut the front rail on the trailer off and install a fold down ramp in its place. Make it long enough to reach your tailgate, and install some suports to hod it up wile not in use. I would somethng similar to the back fold up gate ot the trailer, but on a smaller scale. Hope this helps.

schunklawn
12-11-2007, 01:13 AM
hey guys....i really appreciate all the ideas and the fact that you are giving this some thought...i got to thinkin' and i came up with a pretty good solution to the problem i was having...i will put pics up tomorrow morning and show you what i came up with...i have been using it a lot lately with my leaf setup and its working great...thanks again
No Bunk Lawn Care

zima
12-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Can you post some pictures please ,thinking of doing the same thing. thank you

Buckeye Lawncare
12-12-2007, 12:44 AM
I think this is what some people were trying to tell you!! It is from prostar trailers.
and it folded down to the truck tailgate

schunklawn
12-13-2007, 11:51 PM
hey guy and Zima...i will post pics tomorrow morning of what i did to get my scag in the back of the pick up...i works awesome and i love the new leaf set up having the gator blades on my scag and having my cyclone rake with tractor on the trailer....i love it....

No Bunk Lawn Care

schunklawn
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
hey buckeye thanks a lot for that post...i built something that is similar i guess to that....its great to know that a company makes a trailer like that....i've never seen it...i will show you what i did...i think it cost me about 75 bucks....but for my next trailer i will look into that company....thanks again...

No Bunk Lawn Care

nherweck
01-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Could you post the pics for this setup? I'm looking to add a ramp to the back of my 1500 pickup, but can't afford the $800 chunk right now for a nice one pre-made. I'm starting over this year, as I sold out a couple years ago for college. Now I need to get the 21's and the 32/36 in the bed.

Thanks!

Two Seasons
01-26-2008, 03:30 AM
discountramps.com

NSLC
01-26-2008, 04:05 AM
I think this is what some people were trying to tell you!! It is from prostar trailers.
and it folded down to the truck tailgate
94999The only issue youd face with this setup is the mower deck scraping the gate unless you pulled the handle bars back far enough. Good setup though.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
01-27-2008, 10:15 PM
why not just buy a bigger trailer? what would your insurance agent say if he saw this set up? is it going to be safe enough if someone else tried it you would feel safe? these are all questions you need to answer yourself. I am all for making the best from what you have, but also know when it is tiime to grow into something larger.

South Florida Lawns
01-28-2008, 03:12 AM
you forgot to add the sections for the beer cooler :p