PDA

View Full Version : control lighting with bluetooth technology

pete scalia
11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
why in the world hasn't anyone used this technology to control landscape lighting yet?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Why would you want to, there is a bunch more wireless technology out there that is much better suited to integrating into existing lighting controls then Bluetooth is. Why limit yourself in terms of proximity?

JoeyD
11-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Not sure how a bluetooth controller would work?? Pete what is your idea and what would be the benefits...sell me here, you could be on to something.

Pro-Scapes
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I just thought up an idea today... not sure if its out there yet. What about a broadband UPB device that would allow the integrator/installer to adjust thier clients time clocks from a web based application. 99% of the homes we work in have a broad band connection.

I think you can do this via computer or dial in with vantage or itouch systems but doing it via web would be great and eliminate the need to go out there because mrs smith wants her lights to stay on 30 min later.

Chris J
11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I believe this is already available. When Eddie come out of his hole, I'm sure he will be able to fill us in as he seems to be the go-to guy on this subject. Where are you Eddie?