PDA

View Full Version : Business Name

pantherfan
12-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Wanted to get some opinions on a business name...

Lawn Enforcement - in front of I could use my city name, or county name....
slogan could be something like restoring your lawn's order...

what do you think... we have a million lco here and i just want to start out small and stay part time....

any suggestions or ideas??

thanks

happy cutting

WeeDr
12-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I think it is catchy.

echeandia
12-01-2007, 08:54 PM
It seems a little gimmicky to me. Remember image is everything.

2 clowns mowing
12-01-2007, 09:14 PM
you need something that jumps out and holds on. when customers look down a page of names your need to jump! mine worked well come up with a good one:clapping:

privatelawn
12-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I dont know... If I went through the yellow pages and seen 2 Clowns Mowing id definetly notice it but id also definetly not call that one.
you need something that jumps out and holds on. when customers look down a page of names your need to jump! mine worked well come up with a good one:clapping:

Turf Commando
12-01-2007, 10:40 PM
I dont know... If I went through the yellow pages and seen 2 Clowns Mowing id definetly notice it but id also definetly not call that one.
I hear you on that...

DaveinSWFL
12-02-2007, 08:46 AM
My companies name is The Lawn Enforcers. I used this name due to the fact that I am prior law enforcement. It is a name that stands out from the others. It has really worked well for me. We have a lot of seasonal people down here and they feel a sense of security knowing that my company is on their property. I think being creative is important, but I agree 2 Clowns may be a stretch.

pantherfan
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
thanks Dave...

that is why I came up with this name....

what type of logo do you use?

DaveinSWFL
12-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I have a wrap on my trailer. I will post some pics here shortly. I use it in all my advertising. Phone book, newspaper, door hangers, etc.. I use the slogan "Responding to all your lawn care needs". I see your from North Carolina. Where abouts? I just sold my cabin in Murphy, NC which is in the corner of N.C, GA & TN. I sure do miss it.

Exact Rototilling
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Good name - go with it. Some sort of badge logo would be good. Play on the "Keeping the Peace" and not the strong arm of the Law approach.

Something non-threatening so avoid use of Tactical Ops with MP5's or K-9 with bared teeth. Perhaps a partially eaten doughnut in the logo. :laugh:

BNR LAWN SERVICES
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
There is a cop in my area with that same business name. He has a badge incorporated into Law'n area on all his trucks.

kevhov
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
My name is Kevin and I went with Kevlawn. It seemed every little catchy name I came up with was taken. Or maybe I wasn't that creative.

cutemhigh
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Isnt there a website you can go on to see if names are registered?

Maitland Man
12-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Wanted to get some opinions on a business name...

Lawn Enforcement - in front of I could use my city name, or county name....
slogan could be something like restoring your lawn's order...

what do you think... we have a million lco here and i just want to start out small and stay part time....

any suggestions or ideas??

thanks

happy cutting

We have that around us...also lawn and order, Lawn patrol, Lawn doctor, you get the point.

If you want to be small and part time, use your name. Dave Thomas Lawn care. Using whatever your name is. If you go big or incorporate, you can always change it to DTC Outdoors, DTC enviromental, or DTC lawns....you get the point.

Dennis

Exact Rototilling
12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Isnt there a website you can go on to see if names are registered?

Try your state business license registry. Use the key words to search for Co.'s It worked for my state.

Idaho as an example: http://www.accessidaho.org/public/sos/corp/search.html

enter "prestige lawn" in the search - I was surprised to see 4 registered business with nearly the same name.