PDA

View Full Version : So You Think Your Day Was Bad

humble1
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Im sure someone else can beat my day, but my day still sucked, My last fall cleanup, 22 deg out lower w/ windchill with a bad wind blowing changing directions. Even my trusty redmax 8000 series couldnt get all the frozen leaves off the 1 inch of frosted ground. My ZTR throttle cabble was frozen, some moisture got down in it. My face has wind burn, my snot in my nose was frozen, at one point my lip froze to my zipper on my carhart coat. Even w/ gloves on I couldnt feel my fingers. We are getting snow Sun night, I get home to replace 2 pins on my plow pinch my finger-blood blister, I couldnt get the drain plug out on another plow, so i took the motor off ripped the gasket and had to suck all the fluid out w/ a turkey baster. Go figure what kichen utensile my wife neede for dinner tonight. I put the container of oil on the garage floor and kicked it over by accident.

DodgeTruckMan731
12-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Once that first thing goes wrong during then day it seems to never end, i feel your pain.

humble1
12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
i should have called it a day , I could have gone and shot some birds

yardmanlee
12-02-2007, 06:58 AM
with a day like that and was that bad, there would ave been no way I would have gone hunting !!!!!

KGR landscapeing
12-02-2007, 07:10 AM
bad days always start either after my fingers or toes freeze or in the summer when my back gets burnt. o and when it rains i have learnd that if u can cover most of ur skin on a rainy day its like ur not even in the rain. it only took me one 14 hour day in the rain to figure out i had to find someway to pretend i wasnt getting raind on

Nate@TLCS
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Next year December first is a day off for you reguardless of what goes on! Everyone has bad days, but when days like this come along.... it is karma's way of telling you you shouldn't be working.

Top Dog Pavers
12-02-2007, 11:53 AM
i should have called it a day , I could have gone and shot some birds

With the luck you where having you would have shot a bird and had a pellet bounce off his beak & hit you in the a$$!!

mojob
12-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Dude, that was one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Not because of what happened but the fact that almost all of us can relate to it. Freezing temperatures can turn the easiest of tasks into a real nightmare. Just unlocking and opening your truck door can turn into a challenge. Looking forward to your next post!

lawnjockey56
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
damn man-i feel for you-i wont even mention it's mid 70s here and i have 17 yards on the schedule to mow tommorow :)