PDA

View Full Version : Going from door to door questions?

personallawn
12-02-2007, 02:58 PM
What is the best advice you could give me for starting out going door to door looking for customers? I am starting up a lawncare service next year and I only have a few customers right now just from people that I know. I want to be able to go door to door in neighborhoods that are close to me, but I don't want to be annoying to people when I go up to their house. I am young which might make some people unsure, but I want to run a lawncare service where I keep a good working relationship with my customers and do the best quality work I can everytime I am working because you want to gain mor ecustomes from doing good work? My main focus is going door to door and getting more customers. Is it a bad idea to go door to door now(even though its winter and theres snow on the ground)? I want to get customers now so it will be easier to buy my equipment before the season starts? Any advice on going door to door would help?

Ryan

corbster
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Make sure your area does not need a peddlers lic. If they do....Get One!

topsites
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Customers only call when they need something done, so since advertising is mostly a spur-of-the-moment thing, if you advertise when nothing needs doing it is mostly a waste.

No, doesn't matter if you specify that it's for spring stuff, you advertise for April work in January then it doesn't work.
You want April work, you advertise in April.

Turf Commando
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
You want April work, you advertise in April.
Can't argue that logic....!

NC Greenscaper
12-03-2007, 07:46 PM
You should advertise all the time to build name recognition. Door to door is fine now especially if have the time. You may not land alot of accounts this time of year, but you are making that first contact. Do it again in Feb-Mar and some will remember you. It's all about name recognition.