PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat's -- Cold Weather Starting

GreenMonster
12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Those with Bobcat's, or any Kubota engine for that matter, do you notice these machines to be especially difficult to start in cold weather. We just dipped down real cold last nite (10 degrees) and without the block heater plugged in, the 335 mini wouldn't start. The T190 has also been very stubborn in the past, although it hasn't been started during this cold spell.

With the ASV, glow the plugs for about 10 seconds, and started like it was summer.

The fuel isn't cut yet, but we are running degel.

cat2
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I have a bobcat 160 starts fine

bobcat_ron
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
My T190 starts just fine, -8 celcius, all it takes is the 20 second countdown and it fires up.
My Cat 247 has a glow plug rocker switch you hold and it fires up that perky Perkins after 5 seconds.

My brain on the other hand, well that takes a little starting fluid, 1 cup of super strong coffee and a swift kick in the a** usually gets the hamster cage moving eventually.

GradeMan
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
When running the little engines we keep change our oil more often "less the n 100hrs" and check all the wiring and then fuild film them. We try not to use any ether, But when it gets real cold and no power on site, We have a propane heater we sit at the motor for a half hour, it really does the trick.

Gravel Rat
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Propane heater or one of those 500 watt work lights help all you need to do is get the mollasis in the oil pan warmed up.