PDA

View Full Version : Motivating factors

pete scalia
12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
What are the greatest motivating factors that get your customers to hire you to do their outdoor lighting?

Status?
Safety?
Other?

Why are they buying outdoor lighting?

irrig8r
12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
What are the greatest motivating factors that get your customers to hire you to do their outdoor lighting?

Status?
Safety?
Other?

Why are they buying outdoor lighting?

Guiding visitors to their front door.
Extending their living space outdoors.

The Lighting Geek
12-03-2007, 02:21 AM
My ads, my trucks or a referral get them to call, but it is because of me that they hire me. I am extremely confident, have been in the business for a while, i know my craft, I do what I say I am going to do, when I say I am going to do it. I am a great listener and I deliver. I sell the job by being myself. My customers do not want to be educated. They want to know enough to know I am the one. I am in control of what a client sees, hears, and experiences about my business. (or about as in control as one can be) It is everything from my trucks being clean, neat and orderly, my empoyees being in a uniform, custom forms, website, ads, to how I answer the phone. I pay for my guys haircuts, I make them shave, we run a tight ship, so to speak. But it is me that motivates a customer to use my company.

pete scalia
12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I don't mean why are they buying from you . I mean why are they buying outdoor lighting. What is their reason. What are they looking to accomplish?

The Lighting Geek
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't mean why are they buying from you . I mean why are they buying outdoor lighting. What is their reason. What are they looking to accomplish?

OK, so I'm a bonehead! :hammerhead: LOL My customers want to finish 'the package'. Some entertain, but most just want have that ambiance that great lighting provides. We always cover the safety and security aspect and build it into the portrait. I deal mostly in high end custom homes and they already spent a good amount on everything else but it is lacking something, lighting and usuability after dark.

NightScenes
12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
My clients tell me that they want lighting because it "just sets everything off". It's the icing on the cake, so to speak. They want people to see what their home looks like after dark, they don't want it to just disappear into the darkness.

These are the things that I hear most from my clients or prospective clients.

JoeyD
12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
The buy from the lighting geek becuase he gets out of the truck looking like a commando. They are so afraid he is going to take them hostage they just do whatever he wants them to do!!!LOL

I love you Tommy!!! Waiting for that Geek Vest!! LOL

The Lighting Geek
12-04-2007, 03:42 AM
Joey,

It's not just the assault team look thats gets them, it's when I do the Geek Rap that seals the deal!

Sittin on the patio,
Hangin with the daddio,
You and your wife keep havin fights,
Cuz fool! Your landscape ain't got no light!
There is one dawg you gotta meet,
It's my Homie G, The Lighting Geek!

PS It is now available on CD LOL

The Lighting Geek
12-04-2007, 03:46 AM
Joey,

They think I'm kidding....

Mike M
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
they don't want it to just disappear into the darkness

That's great, Paul!

Tom, I'm dying to see that SWAP vest. I already bought an LED head light.

JoeyD
12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Tommy you kill me!!!!!

You need a rap video!

I swear I would put it on my website!!! LOL

pete scalia
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Tommy you kill me!!!!!

You need a rap video!

I swear I would put it on my website!!! LOL

If Tommy used Vista would you still be fawning all over him like that?

The Lighting Geek
12-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I have the same effect on everyone...LOL
I actually walk up to clients doors and say 'I'm the lighting geek and I'm here to pimp your yard!'

JoeyD
12-04-2007, 05:37 PM
If Tommy used Vista would you still be fawning all over him like that?

First off I have no idea what "FAWNING" is. But I think you mean kissing his ***. The answer is no I wouldnt, I would probably hate his guts because I hate everyone who doesnt use Unique 100% of the time..................I"M KIDDING what did you expect me to say here Pete?

I like Tommy not because he uses Unique, sure that helps, but I like Tommy becuase he is not like everyone else. Tommy has something going for him in terms of marketing that no one else I have ever met in outdoor lighting has. Tommy and I have hung out a few times now here at our factory for seminars and each time Tommy comes he has something new that he is doing.

But I will tell you I am proud to call Tommy a customer and a friend. He is fun and he has a passion for this industry like the rest of us. The same reason I "fawn" over him is the same reason his customers do and thats the reason he is becoming one of our largest customers.

Joey "The Fawner" D.

Pete, I secretly fawn over you too buddy!!

NightScenes
12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok Joey, I'm getting jealous!!

JoeyD
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
OK OK OK

There are a few more of you I fawn over. Paul you are definitly one of them. The rest of you know who you are.

Now my fawning is unconditional just so you know. I do not fawn over you becuase you use Unique, I fawn over you becuase you are good people. Weather you are loyal to Unique, Kichler, Vista, or FX I will always fawn over you. The only way you will lose my fawning is if you steal our product ideas and call them your own, then go to China and start selling them, then my fawning will will be taken away. So please dont make me fawn you, I mean pull my fawn away from you!

Joey "The Fawner" D.

people are going to think I have a fetish for deer...............thanks alot Pete!

pete scalia
12-04-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm jealous too that's why I wrote the post. Tommy comes on the site and suddenly I'm chopped liver and I no longer get PM's. What a bummer.

JoeyD
12-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Oh Petey........your so sensetive.............I will still PM you. To tell you the truth I usually only respond thru PM, I rarely initiate one.

I knew Tommy long before he joined, I think I encouraged him at one point to join. So I have been on his bandwagon for a while now.

But dont worry, your still my boy too!! I meani still fawn over you!

Chris J
12-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Guys, this is really pathetic.

JoeyD
12-05-2007, 02:43 AM
LOL..ok, my bad.enough- I shall give it up