PDA

View Full Version : just starting out

stevemack25
12-03-2007, 10:24 PM
i am just starting out wanting to kick off my own residental lawn care company, i am curious if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about getting the best insurance policy and landing new accounts, and any tips you think would be helpful to a new guy just getting started. i live in a small town in rural missouri just so you have a better idea of my location. any information would be helpful on all aspects from equipment to insurance.
thanks,
steve

grasskicker71
12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
You can get liability insurance where you have your car insurance.Get one million dollar coverage.Most homeowners will never ask if you have it, but all your commercial accounts you try to get will ask first thing.You may need workmans comp insurance also before you get any commercial work......You can call some property management companies and ask to put bids on some poperties.

shane mapes
12-08-2007, 12:06 AM
get one million at least and insure your trailer and stuff on it . it is a sep. charge for the trailer and stuff. but my trailer and all the crap on it runs $ 35.00 for 6 months.

bohiaa
12-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Great advice,

Only 1 thing to add, where it's true that most homeowners WONT ask, or Even think about insurance, So I always bring it up, and with the bid I give them a copy of my Cirtificate Of Liability,

This Proves you have insurance and you may want to think about a bond,
These bonds are Very cheep, and it looks GREAT on advertisements.

It's Very nice to say Bonded and insured. Belive me this goes a long way.

Some accounts you cant even get paid with out insurance.

I never thought insurance would make me money, But it does.

Good luck

echeandia
12-08-2007, 02:24 PM
...Only 1 thing to add, where it's true that most homeowners WONT ask, or Even think about insurance, So I always bring it up, and with the bid I give them a copy of my Cirtificate Of Liability,...

I like that idea because I bet most lowballers don't have insurance. It will force the homeowner to ask the lowballer about it and you will wind up with the job. Thanks! :usflag: