PDA

View Full Version : Bedliner on FLoor of Enclosed Trailer

br549oicu8
12-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey all...
I have read the threads here about some that have either installed themself or had a bedliner material sprayed on the floor and a little up the wall of their enclosed trailer. I chatted with our local Ford dealer about doing mine and they said the liner doesn't work on wood. Have any of you that had this done had any issues? Whose liner do you have>?? Thanks for the replies. I think this makes sense in the long run and the ability to hose out the floor would be real nice!!

Buddy

Skimastr105
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I covered the plywood floor of an enclosed snowmobile trailer with Herculiner. It is the best stuff out there- so tough the carbides and studs don't even touch it.

P.Services
12-05-2007, 12:38 PM
i used some trash from a.m leanard, it works good now but was a pain in the ass to put down and was very expensive. great idea to protect your investment.

Guzman Properties
12-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I know the Linex dealer by me has a wooden axe handle coated to show customers. I painted my trailer floor with porch floor paint and it works fine for me. I would like to try the linex on my next trailer. It would waterproof the floor and sides, as well as protect the flooring.

br549oicu8
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I talked with Line-X today and was assured their product made a waterproof bond to wood. Waiting to hear back on a price which may nix the idea...hoping not though!!!

Buddy

P.Services
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
line x told me $1100 for a 20' by 8.5' trailer with the ramp done and 12'' up the walls.

grassmanak
12-06-2007, 06:09 AM
i just bought 2 herculiner truck kits. I am planning on buying some 3/8in plywood and cutting a 12in wide piece for along both sides, and coating it plus the floor and rear ramp.

mx495
12-13-2007, 01:15 AM
i just bought 2 herculiner truck kits. I am planning on buying some 3/8in plywood and cutting a 12in wide piece for along both sides, and coating it plus the floor and rear ramp

That's what I did a year ago. Since my trailer wasn't new I put down a sheet of subfloor material so I knew it would stick good. Used 1.5 gal. on 7x18 and went 12 in. up walls and did ramp.We use the trailer for mowing every day and it has held up great. I spray it out with a hose.

Sweet Tater
12-13-2007, 09:33 PM
how about that garage floor stuff, the grey poly coat with the flakes in it (you sprinle on while wet) would that work?

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
how about that garage floor stuff, the grey poly coat with the flakes in it (you sprinle on while wet) would that work?

I've seen this done before. It works, but you're comparing apples to oranges here.

Sweet Tater
12-13-2007, 10:41 PM
why is that? I thought that (floor stuff) was for protecting against oil, stains and the likes. I am asking because I will be getting a 7x14 in the spring and want to get it set up right before I load it to work.

br549oicu8
12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
line x told me $1100 for a 20' by 8.5' trailer with the ramp done and 12'' up the walls.

Did you do any coating inside of yours???

P.Services
12-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Did you do any coating inside of yours???

yes i did it myself with the stuff you can buy from a.m. leanard. it would not recamend you use it though. you have to by a special brush and its a pain to put down. there are diffrent kinds that work better. you can see a picture of it under Picasso Services Photos.

SiteSolutions
12-14-2007, 12:44 PM
why is that? I thought that (floor stuff) was for protecting against oil, stains and the likes. I am asking because I will be getting a 7x14 in the spring and want to get it set up right before I load it to work.

My guess: I would think the floor paint is made for a concrete slab that doesn't flex very much. The rubbery bedliner stuff would probably work better on a wood trailer floor because it can stand being flexed a little without cracking or flaking.

Mimowerman
12-15-2007, 05:46 PM
another for herculiner, I think I used about 3.5 gallons for a 8x20 and up 12" on the walls . SO far it has withstood three months of daily use pretty well. line ex was two to four times the price , but it is a nice prouduct, I wasn't scared to try it myself , but on a 8 k trailer , maby leave it to the professionals...

Ramairfreak98ss
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM

lol WOW, thats some expensive stuff! im sure it would be great but seriously, thats some money!

Ive used some Lowes safety grey paint this past year, it goes on heavy, but feels like its got grit in it like the pumice soaps for oily hands. The grit flakes off fast and thats my only gripe, otherwise, its held up well this year. I only used one can on my 8.5x24' trailer including the back door so ideally you would use two to give it a nice coat. Its $39 i think per can.