PDA

View Full Version : Starting A Business With Only A Dr Mower?

steampro
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
:) I HAVE CHEVY 3500 VAN,I WAS THINKING IF I BOUGHT A ''D.R'' MOWER, I COULD CLEAR LOTS BY MYSELF FOR EXTRA INCOME? IS A DR MOWER ENOUGH?:confused:

lawnjockey56
12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
lol THANKS I WAS HAVING A BAD DAY

Rodger
01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey everybody. I happened upon this post and i'm really interested. I have this gut wrenching desire to start a biz similar to what he's mentioned and plan to either buy new equip. like a 30" deck bush mower, a chipper and a chain saw either new or pre-owned and i'd be greatful to hear your responces. I'm still trying to navigate my way through this site so inaddition u cud send ur reply to scrribbler_jam@yahoo.com till I figure out how to get back to these posts and round the site, its a really great godsend site though

Grits
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
:) I HAVE CHEVY 3500 VAN,I WAS THINKING IF I BOUGHT A ''D.R'' MOWER, I COULD CLEAR LOTS BY MYSELF FOR EXTRA INCOME? IS A DR MOWER ENOUGH?:confused:

DR is overpriced junk.
You would need more than a brush-cutter to clear a lot.

topsites
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
You would need more than a brush-cutter to clear a lot.

I don't see brush cutters doing it, either....
I could just as well put some worn blades on my mower and go to town, but it still doesn't work, not for the usual requests.

Most of these places I get requests for is some thick crap lol... We're talking Amazon jungles, if smaller, but just as thick, I think the brush cutter isn't enough myself, briars and jesus thorns and other small trees and everything so overgrown you can't even walk through there.

Now you can clear this type of mess two ways, one is hard work with chainsaws and machetes and what have you, the other way is with a bucket loader.