PDA

View Full Version : 40,000 + Christmas Lights

Lawnmasters
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM
This is what 40,000 plus lights looks like. The pictures don't do it justice. It is bright enough that it lights up the whole street. We put in a seperate electric service to handle the amps. Took us 5 days to do. Not a regular part of what we do but the customer asked and we delivered. look at the pictures at the link below

www.LawnmastersLLPC.com/projectphotos.html

I need to go back and take some better pictures, I moved a bit when taking the pics and some are a little blurry.

JoeyD
12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Gte a Tripod. It is a must for night time photos. Looks like fun!!

David Gretzmier
12-06-2007, 10:56 PM
cool project. although many of our projects require an electrician for 2 or 3 breakers, 2 projects come to mind. one was around 1800 c-9 bulbs, for a huge barn, or about 13,000 watts of power, we spread it over 10 20 amp breakers, but could of done it on 8.

this year we did a project that exceeded that. I really don't know how many bulbs it has, but it required 13, 20 amp brakers and used about 15 amps on each. 16 digital timers and 2 weeks install time for 2 guys. the extension cords for that job resembles concert wiring bundles. jobs of that scope definetly require line splitters and amp meters for all cords and timers.