PDA

View Full Version : What gives???

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
12-06-2007, 12:15 AM
this site has gotten horrible about crashing and taking forever for post to cycle. it has gotten so irritating, i have limited the time i spend here in comparrison to before. do you have any suggestions or resolutions. I think you will loose a lot of good people to this if it is not resolved. But that is just my 2cents.

lifetree
12-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Others have expressed similar concerns about what appears to be the degradation of speed on this site !!

advantage landscaping
12-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Can you say sell outs? Now that we are here it is all about the $, never forget that. More $ for them means more adds, and worse performance for use who actually use the site. Its a shame because the members of this site are so good.

Sean Adams
12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Can you say sell outs? Now that we are here it is all about the $, never forget that. More $ for them means more adds, and worse performance for use who actually use the site. Its a shame because the members of this site are so good.

For someone who has been a member of this forum for 2 whole months, you certainly seem to think you know a lot.... you could not be more wrong.

The site problems we experience have nothing to do with money - the site is growing at a very rapid pace. We actually placed LawnSite on its very own server awhile ago.... we are constantly upgrading and rebooting the server and we are now looking for new ways to eliminate any down time or slow down on the site.

There will be another server move in the upcoming weeks to another newer, larger server. In the meantime, we apologize for the problems and I can assure you everyone involved is doing their very best to eliminate these issues.

americanlawn
12-07-2007, 05:52 PM
No prob here --- You're site is lightning fast and it's also become my favorite site. When my employees come over for (free) beers, the first thing they want to do is get on my computer & check out 'lawnsite', cuz there's always something new & current that interests them. My computer is a Dell, and I have (somewhat) high-speed internet.

No complaints here -- only compliments.

advantage landscaping
12-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Okay Sean... Tell me you're not running a site partial to its sponsors, it can't be done. Why else would I have posts about Scag equipment taken down? Because they are not sponsors? Exmark stuff stays up, I wonder why.

You should advertise what you do. You shouldn't say that you are an online site where people are free to discuss their opinions on lawncare topics because you get rid of whatever does not support the site. I know you need to make money but removing things like that is terrible, and I think it's a shame.

I have tried to write this issue in threads before and poof there it goes. Just quiet those people who do not express your opinion, I understand.

Restrorob
12-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Josh,

Maybe you should go back and read the RULES of this site, There you will most likely find the answers to your questions and posting problems.

And also remember......This FINE site is FREE for you and us others to use. If you are un-happy here you know what to do but if you keep the attitude up Mr. Sean may just put the ZAP !!! to you.

Thanks Mr. Sean for all the work going into getting a better/larger server so WE can enjoy using YOUR site.....

advantage landscaping
12-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Of course its free.... that's why there are sponsors. Don't get me wrong the mods do a great job and I support what they do on here, it's tough I can realize that.

I just don't feel that they should get rid of posts non-supportive of other companies who have a place in the industry and who choose not to advertise on here, that's all.

I stay here because I am hoping that bringing up these things changes this site for the benefit of each user. For instance, I now realize that when I bought my machine there was very misleading information on this site. When I praised the manufacturer of my machine that I bought, it disappeared. If this site claims to be for the benefit of the LCO - which it should be - then we shouldn't be limiting what people have to say based on sponsors. That's not fair to those who are on here trying to learn and are being misled. That's my point.

lawnman_scott
12-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Okay Sean... Tell me you're not running a site partial to its sponsors, it can't be done. Why else would I have posts about Scag equipment taken down? Because they are not sponsors? Exmark stuff stays up, I wonder why.

You should advertise what you do. You shouldn't say that you are an online site where people are free to discuss their opinions on lawncare topics because you get rid of whatever does not support the site. I know you need to make money but removing things like that is terrible, and I think it's a shame.

I have tried to write this issue in threads before and poof there it goes. Just quiet those people who do not express your opinion, I understand.No one took down a post about skag because its skag. People have been talking about skag, j-thomas, dixie,......... for years here. Just from seeing what you wrote in this thread, I would have to say maybe you had too much of an attitude in your posts is the reason they may or may not be gone.

advantage landscaping
12-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Nope, not at all. That couldn't be further from the truth. I am only bringing this up now because it happened, and I suspect it is happening frequently.

I would show you the posts, but they are gone! I may start saving on word my posts so if they do disappear then I will be able to post them on here for you or anybody else.

I wrote and put pictures on here about my new scag for over an hour, and came back the next day, and found that I had an email that sean had removed the thread. Not moved it, REmoved it. If you put in an hour of work for the benefit of others on here I would think that you would feel the same way.

shane mapes
12-08-2007, 10:53 AM
this is a free service to us if you don't like it go somewhere else and see if you can find a service as good as this one. i have no problems with the services they provide. maybe you should look @ what you wrote , maybe your language was bad or something else ..........you complain when it's free what would you do if you had to pay a little ............CAN YOU SAY P.I.T.A.

advantage landscaping
12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Is there a problem with trying to make a good site even better? I don't think so.

lawnman_scott
12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Nope, not at all. That couldn't be further from the truth. I am only bringing this up now because it happened, and I suspect it is happening frequently.

I would show you the posts, but they are gone! I may start saving on word my posts so if they do disappear then I will be able to post them on here for you or anybody else.

I wrote and put pictures on here about my new scag for over an hour, and came back the next day, and found that I had an email that sean had removed the thread. Not moved it, REmoved it. If you put in an hour of work for the benefit of others on here I would think that you would feel the same way.Do a search for Gravely 34Z. Whenever the subject of a small ztr comes up everyone who has a gravely posts pics and tells about it. I have one, and only because exmark didnt have one when I bought mine. But they do now, but all of the gravely posts stand. Why is that? It just doesnt make sence.

advantage landscaping
12-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Exactly it doesn't make sense. Thats why I brought it up

lifetree
12-08-2007, 03:23 PM
... the site is growing at a very rapid pace. We actually placed LawnSite on its very own server awhile ago ... we are constantly upgrading and rebooting the server and we are now looking for new ways to eliminate any down time or slow down on the site. There will be another server move in the upcoming weeks to another newer, larger server. In the meantime, we apologize for the problems and I can assure you everyone involved is doing their very best to eliminate these issues.

Sean -- Thank you for the updated information ... we don't mean to sound as though we are unsympathetic to the operational issues which you experience running the site !!