PDA

View Full Version : yearly contracts?

kevhov
12-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm new and want to acquire clients on yearly contracts. I would like to offer total yard maintenance all year round and have a set monthly price. I'm in the south, lots of leaves, hardly any snow (maybe an inch or two once a year. I have a Walker 48" GTS, 21" toro, and Stihl blower, hedgetrimmer, and weedeater. I would like to offer as a standard package mowing, edging, trimming, shrub trimming, light pruning, leaf removal, planting bed maintenance, and dethatching as my standard package. I will be going to my customers house every week throughout the year doing something. I realize every area and yard is different, but am looking for an average monthly price for a 1/2 acre yard and I can adjust the price up or down after considering the factors for each yard. I'm thinking around $200/month seems about right. Any thoughts on this. I would like to also offer fertilizing and aerating as a yearly option and add this price spread out into their monthly payments. Also, how much would be a good average price for a year of fertilizing total ( how many times a year ) and the same question for aerating. Remember, just for and average 1/2 acre.

ARGOS
12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
I operate our landscape maintenance business in a fashion similar to your plan. I personally think you are on the right track. Doing complete landscape maintenance has given us an advantage over our competition that only does mowing and blowing.

I do not have a steadfast formula for figuring out the pricing for properties. Every property is unique in plantings, lawn size, fall clean-up, weed maintenance, trimming, etc. I break each "task" up individually then total the annual time required and divide by planned visits to set pricing.

I do not require a signed contract. This has created a small problem with some of my customers. I or my crew work extra hours maintaining landscaping during heavy months with the intent to recover hours in the winter, but inevitably several customers will request bi-weekly service in the winter at half price. Obviously I need to make it more clear.

ARGOS
12-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Oh ya...I always calculate fertilization and weed killer into pricing.

I charge extra for:

Spreading bark/mulch.
Planting.
Hand pruning.
Irrigation.