PDA

View Full Version : Info on the Better Quick 36 WB

Big C
12-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Can I get everyone's opinion on the Better Quick 36 WB as a good starter mower for my lawncare business. I am planning the go after 1 acre or less lawns with a goal of 10-15 accts my first season(currently 0 accts). I currently own a Snapper 30" rear engine mower and I am looking to upgrade to something commercial that could withstand the wear & tear.....what do you guys think about the Quick 36 w/ velke as a starter for a rookie with 0 accts?

grassnazi1
12-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Really good question, I would like some further input on the Better Quick 36 as well. THinking of adding one for the 13 smaller city properties I have. Currently I am using a 21" and it takes what I would consider to long.

I would however also question your line of thinking. 0 accounts= 0 income. Maybe get a few accounts first with the snapper mower you have? Might be harder then you think to get new accounts and have a mower to pay for on top of that! In my area we have 300 fly by night lco's running around under cutting everyone and lowballing big time. Some people go with them for awile so it might really be hard for you to be a new business and get good accounts to pay for your mower. I would start with what you have and get a few accounts under your belt first.

Jay Ray
12-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I still see LCO's using Snapper RER's, one guy has a presence in an expensive neighborhood here and the Post Office uses them with their employees doing the mowing. They are slow but leave a pretty nice cut. Think about keeping yours for backup.

I've not used the Quik36. They were not out when I bought my belt Metro 32 to begin with. If you aren't side mowing ditch banks and doing lots of hills the Quik should be okay. The Metro is 470 lbs and pretty easy to handle so with the Quik being lighter, should be even easier to handle on level ground.

I still use the Metro 32 for narrow gates and have never regretted buying it.

bohiaa
12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
This would be a Great mower for starting out, It has all the options you need, especially the price.