PDA

View Full Version : Aerator

rockysmith
12-07-2007, 11:10 PM
I am looking to purchase a good aerator that will pull cores. Any suggestions on brands would be appreciated

ACEMowing
12-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Check out the Plugr brand... that's what we've found to be the best... they are very easy to operate and do a great job.

rockysmith
12-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm needing an aerator that will pull clay soil plugs

lawnspecialties
12-08-2007, 06:06 PM
As much as I like my Plugr, I believe a more traditional core aerator (Classen, Lesco, Ryan, etc.) would do better in hard soils such as clay. When conditions are pretty good, nothing pulls cores nicer than a Plugr (even in moist clay). But when things get hard (during dry periods, etc.), the Plugr often bounces on top of the ground more than most I've run.

ACEMowing
12-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm needing an aerator that will pull clay soil plugs

The Plugr is good in heavy clay soils... it operates off a crankshaft design and pounds the tine into the soil instead of just rolling over it like other brands.

rockysmith
12-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I suppose in my original question I should have added does the core aeration process work or is it a waste of time. How does it help the grass?

ACEMowing
12-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the replies. I suppose in my original question I should have added does the core aeration process work or is it a waste of time. How does it help the grass?

Check our site at:

http://www.acemowing.com/lawn_aerating.htm

rockysmith
12-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks Ace. That answered my question. You have an awesome website.

Exact Rototilling
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
My area is epidemic with rocks. Lets just say rototilling can be a real chore at times. :hammerhead:

Which aerator is best in rocky soil? Or should I ask tolerates rocky soil the best? Replacement core tips etc. :confused: