PDA

View Full Version : I need a ford v-10 engine

Chop Stuff Up
12-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Just threw a rod in a 99 F-450 and I'm looking for a used engine. If anyone knows anybody or knows a good source please let me know! :cry:

tthomass
12-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Go to a dealer and talk to a mechanic......they know where to get everything. Perhaps a side job?

Johnson LCO
12-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Delaware :waving::waving:
Did you check all of the junkyards on Airport rd in wilmington? I know the owner of one and they usually know who has what through some database. Good Luck!

TheKingNJ
12-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Just threw a rod in a 99 F-450 and I'm looking for a used engine. If anyone knows anybody or knows a good source please let me know! :cry:

how many miles were on it? My V-10 is gettin a little old, maybe its time to traid her in.

CTJ
12-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Check on the Diesel Stop dot Com
I'm sure someone over there can help you

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/forums/

J&R Landscaping
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM
www.fordtrucks.com/forums

Ebay perhaps...

polska
12-09-2007, 06:16 PM
you can checl car-parts.com you will find something there for sure

Chop Stuff Up
12-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi Delaware :waving::waving:
Did you check all of the junkyards on Airport rd in wilmington? I know the owner of one and they usually know who has what through some database. Good Luck!

She died 2am Sunday so I'll be calling around today. I'm related to Shuster, is that the one you know?

how many miles were on it? My V-10 is gettin a little old, maybe its time to traid her in.

www.fordtrucks.com/forums

Ebay perhaps...

Found a couple on Ebay but they were far away, best deal was in North Dakota. There's a used with 80k I think it was and they ship but its a $2,700 engine. The price I got on a Reman is 3,900 freakin dollars! Thats before labor. Tranny is not even a year old but already at 60k, kind of wondering if its worth fixing.

Stillwater
12-10-2007, 07:03 AM
go hear http://www.atk-engines.com/

mike lane lawn care
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
try www.junkyarddog.com it's a national database of junk yards

Gravel Rat
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
If the truck is in good shape dump a rebuilt engine into it you buy a used engine you may end up with a spark plug popper.

You must have been able to hear a rod knock before she blew if that was the case you it would have been better not to drive the truck yanked the motor out had a rebuild and shoved it back in. Now that you probably have a window knocked into the block you don't even have a engine core.

TXNSLighting
12-10-2007, 04:07 PM
such a shame, yeh junkyarddog.com is good. youll have a bunch of junkyards reply. alot of ford tech's know where to get those. and truck trader magazine. lots of good engine deals in those.

J&R Landscaping
12-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Pickup a copy of tradin times at a 7-11. The engine shop in upper darby pa might be able to help you. If not, check with Jasper.

J&R Landscaping
12-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Also, I can stop in or give a call to Al's. There a huge junkyard outside of philly and have a ton of everything. Give me the specs of the truck, (year, model, tranny, 4x2/4 etc) and I'll see if they got anything. They have good prices and have an extremely huge inventory.

Chop Stuff Up
12-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Also, I can stop in or give a call to Al's. There a huge junkyard outside of philly and have a ton of everything. Give me the specs of the truck, (year, model, tranny, 4x2/4 etc) and I'll see if they got anything. They have good prices and have an extremely huge inventory.

Its a '99 F-450 Box 2wd dually, looking at a used with 83k in PA today but it may not work, its from an Excursion.

Chop Stuff Up
12-12-2007, 07:30 AM
If the truck is in good shape dump a rebuilt engine into it you buy a used engine you may end up with a spark plug popper.

You must have been able to hear a rod knock before she blew if that was the case you it would have been better not to drive the truck yanked the motor out had a rebuild and shoved it back in. Now that you probably have a window knocked into the block you don't even have a engine core.

I read about the spark plug poppers, I'm glad I haven't had that happen yet. My V8 cargo van is a '99 as well. Of course it was an employee running this truck Saturday afternoon and he claims he didn't hear anything. Sunday I'm loaded and headed out 1:45am and by 2am I get over the bridge and the oil light comes on for a split second and bang there she goes, piston through the oil pan.

Budget
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Pickup a copy of tradin times at a 7-11. The engine shop in upper darby pa might be able to help you. If not, check with Jasper.

J&R
The Engine shop did two bottom end motors for me. A 289 for my 68 mustang, and 440 for my 72 road runner, this was in 1986-87. I think the guys name was Chris, but i could be wrong. I would go there in a second, he did good by me and at the time no one could touch his prices. The shop was next to K&G speed shop.
After i broke-in the 440 it went to Bill Grumpy Jenkins in Malvern for the final tune. Carb. distributor, plugs, and timing. I will never forget that day cause i was there when he timed it and he did it with out a light all by ear at FULL THROTTLE.... i almost pooped my pants when he did that. but that sucker was screamer............Sorry for rambling on.

Breezmister
12-12-2007, 11:36 AM

http://www.jasperengines.com/

There is a Jasper dealer right around the corner from me that put a Jasper
engine in my E 350 back in the day that now has 200 k plus. Check out the web site and find a dealer near you in Del. If you want to, they will sell the engine for you to install yourself if you want to go that way.
Good Luck

J&R Landscaping
12-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Auto or manual tranny?

I know there is a Truck yard in Norristown Pa or somewhere near Norristown. Not sure of what the name is though.
I called Al's but they did not have any v-10s at the moment.

J&R Landscaping
12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
For the record, Al's phone # is 215-322-2199