PDA

View Full Version : buying used equipment, advice please

chillman
12-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I have the opportunity to buy a used trailer rig. It is manufactured by equipt, It is the small econo trailer. It is only three years old and has not been used much at all but there has been no maintenance performed. Right now I cannot turn the agitator more than a 1/4 turn. It has never been cleaned out. How would I go about cleaning and checking operation. I can pick this up pretty cheap because it is a POS according to the guy selling it. I think it just needs a good cleaning, any advice appreciated.

chillman
12-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the help

jeff simpson
12-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I suspect that if it is an equip tank it is plastic, not metal. This will create an obstacle when trying to remove the hardened material left in the tank. We always use a chisel driven by a compressor to clean out our tanks and it is done in the winter when the material has frozen. Trying this on thistank runs the risk of cracking the tank and rendering it useless. My only thought is to gently tap on the material from the inside of the tank in such a way as to loosen the material, but not crack the tank. I can't endorse this method because I have never had one of there tanks, but have heard that material left in there tanks presents a big problem.

Lastly,
I am retiring from the business after 15 years and have multiple tanks on trucks and a Sealrite 700 gallon on a trailer. They are the best in the industry and it is for sale, as are all my tanks and equipment.
If interested let me know and I can send an asset list.

Jeff

mc sealalot
12-26-2007, 03:31 AM
I have the opportunity to buy a used trailer rig. It is manufactured by equipt, It is the small econo trailer. It is only three years old and has not been used much at all but there has been no maintenance performed. Right now I cannot turn the agitator more than a 1/4 turn. It has never been cleaned out. How would I go about cleaning and checking operation. I can pick this up pretty cheap because it is a POS according to the guy selling it. I think it just needs a good cleaning, any advice appreciated.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=209916