PDA

View Full Version : backup lights

bobcatnj
12-11-2007, 05:24 PM
thinking of adding backup lights to the truck. any recomendations?how do you wire them up? i want them to work in reverse and also when the truck is in park?

93Chevy
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
If I were you, which I'm not, and our thought processes are totally different, this is what i would do. I would go to a local auto parts store and purchase a set of off-road driving lights, in whatever price range you choose. I would wire them through a toggle switch on the dash so I can turn them on whenever I want. Or, you could wire them so they come on in reverse always by splicing into the current back-up lights, and also wire them to a toggle switch on the dash so you can turn them on and off in park.

I wired all my marker lights (I have a lot) twice and added off-road lights inside the cap of my truck so I could see my tools at night. I don't have any professional experience wiring and doing electrical, but I'm not that much of an idiot either. :)

wayneo7
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
If I were you, which I'm not, and our thought processes are totally different, this is what i would do. I would go to a local auto parts store and purchase a set of off-road driving lights, in whatever price range you choose. I would wire them through a toggle switch on the dash so I can turn them on whenever I want. Or, you could wire them so they come on in reverse always by splicing into the current back-up lights, and also wire them to a toggle switch on the dash so you can turn them on and off in park.

I wired all my marker lights (I have a lot) twice and added off-road lights inside the cap of my truck so I could see my tools at night. I don't have any professional experience wiring and doing electrical, but I'm not that much of an idiot either. :)

This is kinda what I did as well. Put a set of driving lights on the back of my dump truck and wired it to a toggle switch. I'm thinking about doing this to my work truck as well. It's a HUGE help at night.

93Chevy
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I never realized how much help light was until they don't work for a while...

P.Services
12-11-2007, 06:28 PM

thats what i did on my truck and it works great