PDA

View Full Version : 22 yds of mulch

clncut
12-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Im bidding on a HOA next year and Im figuring 11 hours to lay 22 yards of mulch. The mulch will be going around 115 trees spread throughout the subdivision. I will be using myself and one other guy. Does this time estimate seem correct?. By the way trees are right off the road so all I will have to do is drive next to trees and spread. Im estimating 14 yards of mulch for trees with a average of 5' diameter at 2" depth. The other 8 yards is for misc. flower beds.

J

kjslawn
12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I think it could be done in 11 or less if you have a good helper. Just to be nozzzzzzeee
What is your per yard bid. I do $55 per yard and make pretty good money at it I get my mulch for 15 a yard plus tax

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Are you going to be edging around the trees and flower beds? Do you have to weed out anyting. We charge $100.00 a yard depending on the type of mulch it is. Dyed mulch is more.

schunklawn
12-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I would say no less than 1,500 for that job...i would charge 1,650 for 22 yards of mulch...just my .02

No Bunk Lawn Care

Dodge Truck
12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
We would charge 2000 for that job because you say you need to keep moving which is a real PITA and even then 11 hours for 22yds holy crap you work slow

clncut
12-11-2007, 08:59 PM
kjslawn I think it could be done in 11 or less if you have a good helper. Just to be nozzzzzzeee
What is your per yard bid. I do $55 per yard and make pretty good money at it I get my mulch for 15 a yard plus tax

I will be paying 25 dollars per yard and charge 60 per yard installed. Ive been reading on here on what is the best way for billing. Just do the 60 per yard no matter how many helpers? Or figure out the pmh an figure out how long the job will take? Any suggestions.

WALKER LANDSCAPE Are you going to be edging around the trees and flower beds? Do you have to weed out anyting. We charge $100.00 a yard depending on the type of mulch it is. Dyed mulch is more.

No edging, if so I would be charging .50 per ft. I will be weeding out the beds. I have yet to figure out the hrs needed for this. I am guessing at the moment approx 5 min. per tree. HOA pres. is tightwad!

schunklawn I would say no less than 1,500 for that job...i would charge 1,650 for 22 yards of mulch...just my .02

Im estimating 1370.00 for mat. and install.

J

kjslawn
12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
You can get mulch cheaper If you buy it by the truck load (semi) this would help with cost.

clncut
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Ill have to look into that. Just for shitz and giggles, anyone care to toss out how long they think weeding (no chemicals) will take. I will again be using myself and one helper so keep that in mind. Im estimating around 5 hrs. Some beds are full of weeds and some have not much at all.

J

clncut
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Im estimating around 5 hrs. Some beds are full of weeds and some have not much at all.

J

Wait, I had to refigure this and now Im estimating about 9 hrs to weed this job with 2 guys

J

clncut
12-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Wait, I had to refigure this and now Im estimating about 9 hrs to weed this job with 2 guys

J

I must be getting tired. 5.5 hrs for cleanup and thats my final answer......I think.

j

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean about HOA real PITAS some times. I would still charge $100.00 a yard for that work. It just takes care of all of our costs. Can you spray now and be ready for next spring for mulch, or are they wanting it mulched now.

clncut
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I know what you mean about HOA real PITAS some times. I would still charge $100.00 a yard for that work. It just takes care of all of our costs. Can you spray now and be ready for next spring for mulch, or are they wanting it mulched now.

This bid is for next year. I can not use chemicals.....I dont have the application license. Just getting rid of the weeds using hand tools. Im thinking of weeding every other month or do you think weeding monthly would be better?

J

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Once you get the first round of weeds done then every other month should be good. It all depends on how tight of a a$$ he really is. LOL. Sell them everything you can. Complete package deal if they have a irragation system and you dont do that find a local irragation company to do the maintenance for you and you bill the HOA. Sell yourself stick to your price. You never said what your bid was either. You can PM that if your worried, but no one here know this place your talking about as well.

ed2hess
12-11-2007, 10:23 PM
You can't go on without spraying these weeds and put down a liquid pre-m...sub it out if nothing else. On HOA bids we always follow the big companies which charge $5 per 2 cu.ft. bag. We never include it in the bid because it drives up prices...same with tree trimming and irrigation repairs.

clncut
12-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Once you get the first round of weeds done then every other month should be good. It all depends on how tight of a a$$ he really is. LOL. Sell them everything you can. Complete package deal if they have a irragation system and you dont do that find a local irragation company to do the maintenance for you and you bill the HOA. Sell yourself stick to your price. You never said what your bid was either. You can PM that if your worried, but no one here know this place your talking about as well.

Believe me, SHE is at tightazz. I was thinking every other month would be good. As far as the bid goes, I stated my estimate for mulch but Im still trying to figure out how long cleaning up these beds and trees will be. Im somewhat hesitant to sub out the spraying service as many service around here offer this as part of there package and may try to get everything. I do think many are doing it illegally though!

J

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Are doing everything in this bid such as the mowing aeration mulching ETC.

clncut
12-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Are doing everything in this bid such as the mowing aeration mulching ETC.

Yes, Ive had the mowing contract for the past 4 yrs. and snow plowing the last 2. Next year they want bids for mowing, mulching, weeding the trees and snowplowing.